N/S Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

Sean was preserving Mark’s career via the RB by committee setup. I want Mark to retire as a Saint. The problem is that I love LM, and think he’s fit in perfectly with our scheme.

I hope the Ravens start recognizing how great Mark is and how much better the offense ran when MI got the bulk of the Ravens’s carries. He doesn’t deserve how they’re doing him, especially since they are losing games w/out that running dominance.
I think too, Baltimore is suffering an identity crisis on offense. They dont know what they want to be or cant achieve it.

He came a long way from “Big Truss”. So did Lamar. It’s amazing how much hate Taysom is getting but Jackson got none. Taysom is a way better passer which is already something they can’t fathom to understand. The guy competed 18-23 with 3 of them being drops. You just can feel them hoping he sucks, especially the Simms of the world.
Let's pump the brakes a little here. One made his first NFL start yesterday while the other is coming off a league MVP award.

Sean was preserving Mark’s career via the RB by committee setup. I want Mark to retire as a Saint. The problem is that I love LM, and think he’s fit in perfectly with our scheme.

I hope the Ravens start recognizing how great Mark is and how much better the offense ran when MI got the bulk of the Ravens’s carries. He doesn’t deserve how they’re doing him, especially since they are losing games w/out that running dominance.

Yeah, just wish we used Murray a little more in the passing game. He had nice catch and run yesterday, and I’m sure Deion Jones still remembers it. He will never be as fast as Kamara, but I feel like they are stacking the box vs Murray since they don’t have to worry about him in the passing game!

It isn't all Mark's fault (current situation)....a high ankle is tough to come back from, and the fact is that J.K. Dobbins is just a better (and much fresher/younger) back...they got him with the draft pick from the Failcons overpaying for Hayden Hurst. Bal runs a high school type offense, everything is going bad for that team about now and it's magnified by the coaching imo.

If we went as far down the trail of trying to get Jimmy Graham back a coupla years ago, I think there's a logical argument for bringing Ingram back here if the roster situation warranted it. His agent mishandled his situation, big-time. Else, Murray wouldn't be here.
I am fan of Mark and I have always defended him even early on in his career when he was heavily criticized by fans. However bringing back former players never seem to work out the way it use to be. If you talking about next year, I prefer to move on to someone else if Murray isn't re-signed.

I don't blame Mark for doing what he did. It is unfortunate we weren't aggressive or his agent did a horrible job. But I can't feel sorry for Mark since he was put in a position to succeed more and was close to a Super Bowl again.

The Saints wanted him back and Loomis offered him a fair deal. The Ravens offered just a little more. Loomis made the offer, they refused, and Loomis promptly signed Latavius Murray.

I guess it worked out for everyone. Ingram and his agent got paid a little more and Mark has been good for the Ravens. Murray has been good for the Saints and he's still going strong.

Murray is an average back but was an upgrade over Ingram.
------
How so?

That's a terrible take and was no upgrade. Mark was one of, if not the best blocking backs in the NFL (I haven't seen him play lately). Murray is very average at that. Mark was/is a better receiver at the back field than Murry. Mark could break tackles, while Murry can't seem to escape past 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. Finally, as teammates go, Ingram was captain material, while Murray is a quiet/go about his business player.

I was sad to see Mark go, and would welcome him back if he's physically capable. He should have gone in sat down with Sean/Mickey and worked it out.

Here is the thing, Baltimore is a great organization, but they do not have a coaching staff that can adapt to what defenses are throwing at Lamar. Jackson would be a better overall talent if he was with the Saints.

John Harbaugh never had the right personnel around him to develop QBs.

I'd love to. But who do we cut to make room - not roster-wise, but financially-wise.

What do we have to cut next year to get under the lowered COVID cap. Isn't it something to the tune of 100 million?

Mark's a veteran. He'll be expensive, if for nothing other than his time in service. I just don't see how we can afford him. However much I'd love to have him back.
Give him a Jameis type deal . . .

I wish. We can't. He's got too many years in service. More than Jameis. Even at the league minimum,.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom