N/S...Marshall Faulk on NFLN? (1 Viewer)

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did I hear him right when he said that the Bills where lucky that there starting QB was hurt last year? He didn't like the QB who started last year and said luckily he got hurt and Trent Edwards was able to come in. I probably just misunderstood but that's what it sounded like. If he did I'm surprised Marshall would say something like that. He's usually first class. Anyone else hear that segment and if I'm mistaken could you clarify what he actually said.

Well he did play better than Losman. Were the Patriots lucky Drew Bledsoe got hurt?

I like to hear what you would say if he said that we were lucky Reggie and Deuce were injured. By that happening we had a chance to see what PT could do and it looks like we are OK. You wouldn't have had a problem with that I'm sure:rolleyes:

I think it's poor judgement for a former player to say that about another player (and current player) especially on NFLN. JMO.

Last edited:
Let's think about this. He wasn't saying that to be mean, he was being practical. He meant that the team was lucky to find out just what they have in Trent Edwards when JP Losman was out. It is starting to look like Losman may be losing his job to Edwards and while that is terrible for Losman, let's be intellectually honest about it, that may end up being lucky for the Bills.

If Losman had not gotten hurt, how long would they have kept Losman in and not known that Edwards really could develop into a QB that could compete with Losman for the starting job? Probably two or three years, in which time he would have come up for a contract extension? Now they may be able to find out what he can do during his rookie contract.

Well I think for the individual getting injured it is far from being lucky. I'm not sure that anyone is willing to make that comparison with Deuce, Reggie and PT yet. Some may be but I don't think your going to hear that on NFLN anytime soon.

There was a better way of saying what he was trying what he was trying to say... horrible choice of words. I know what he meant, but that wasn't the right way to say it.

He's right. They were lucky. If it didn't happen, they might have continued playing a guy who was better off not playing. Lucky for the team, unlucky for Losman.

I didn't see it, but if faulk said that, it is terrible statement. I wonder how he would feel if somebody said, "The Rams are lucky that Marshall injured his knee, or the Rams would never of gotten steven jackson."

Very Sad.

You guys are too sensitive. The Rams were lucky when Trent Green went down, it brought out Kurt Warner and got them a Super Bowl. The Patriots were lucky Bledsoe went down, it brought out Brady and started a dynasty. No guarantee those would have happened without the injuries. Lighten up.

If you ask any Bills fan they all want to try and deal Losman for a 3rd or 4th rounder. They didn't want him starting either, only the team did, from what I have heard.
I would sure deal a 4th for him as a backup, I think JP is a great player. We got our backup now though

JP got jobbed by the Bills. Jauron admitted that early in the season the team was ultra conservative (attempting sometimes less than 15 passes) because their defense was so hurt, he wanted to keep them off the field as much as possible. This is coming off a year where Losman played very well, and now you don't let him throw the ball for the first 3 games. Then, Losman get a cheap shot from Wilfork and misses two games. Edwards comes in and throws a bunch of 3yd passes and now he is the second coming of Joe Montana all of the sudden even though if you actually watched the games, he didn't do all that much. Buffalo is where QBs go to die, so I will be glad for JP if he can get out of that place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom