N/S: Martz hired as 49ers OC (1 Viewer)

Alex Smith, if he is healthy, will have a great year. That scheme they played this year was horrible. I had these guys rated so high, and then they play this horrible scheme.

Do they have any receivers that fit his scheme?

Do they have any receivers that fit his scheme?

They have Battle, who seems like a decent reciever. I'm sure they'll draft one or sign one also. I think they are going to go hard after Berrian.

I thought Cameron would have been a better fit, with his knowledge of Norv Turners offense and Smith's success within his system. I just don't think Martz fits well there, they're best weapon is a RB and Martz doesn't know how to use any runningback not named Marshall Faulk.

Disaster waiting to happen. 0% chance this wasn't a hire forced onto Mike Nolan by the FO and ownership.

Nolan and Martz will clash. This marriage will last one season at most. Honestly I wonder if Martz's angle isn't to take Nolan's place after this upcoming year.

Disaster waiting to happen. 0% chance this wasn't a hire forced onto Mike Nolan by the FO and ownership.

Nolan and Martz will clash. This marriage will last one season at most. Honestly I wonder if Martz's angle isn't to take Nolan's place after this upcoming year.

Maybe, but I'll bet he'll have that offense in the mid teens instead of 32 next year (assuming they make a few moves this offseason at WR and O-line).

Just what Alex Smith and Frank Gore did not need. I wouldn't be surprised if this ended ugly.

Smith will do horrible in that offense, watch.

There will be talk about letting Shaun Hill run the offense by midseason.

they need some help at the wr position, and I wouldnt be surprised to see them go after a vet qb. If they can end up with a solid wr and get some decent play out of the qb poition they should do ok.

Just what Alex Smith and Frank Gore did not need. I wouldn't be surprised if this ended ugly.

Actually has me thinking of keeping Gore in my fantasy league.
Kevin Jones looked like a stud in that offense if he could just stay healthy think what Gore might do?

or maybe I'll keep Brandon Jacobs.................

The scheme that Martz will likely run doesn't seem to fit with the talents of the 49er's offense.

Martz is pass-happy and they don't have a good QB or any receivers that really scare anyone.

The scheme that Martz will likely run doesn't seem to fit with the talents of the 49er's offense.

Martz is pass-happy and they don't have a good QB or any receivers that really scare anyone.

Alex Smith is still young and suffered through injuries all year. Martz has a knack for getting the most out of QB's. He might turn Smith into a decent QB.

Somebody remind me come September to NOT draft Frank Gore on any of my fantasy teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom