N/S Matt Ryan's preseason (2 Viewers)

Brees 6-9 66 yards 0 TD 1 INT 66.7% 7.3ypa 48.6 QBR (30 Million against the cap in 2016)

Newton 13-18 198yds 1 TD 0 INT 72.2% 11ypa 126.6 QBR (19.5 Million against the cap in 2016)

Winston 10-19 125yds 2 TDs 1 INT 52.6% 6.6ypa 86.5 QBR (15.43 million against the cap in 2016)

We can update after this weekend after the best QB in the division (Brees) plays a full half. I'm sure the other QBs didn't play a few series without their top two wideouts either.

Stats from NFL.com

Contract numbers from spotrac.com
No one here is going to address this.

Listening to falcon's radio this morning on the way to work was glorious!
Their fans are already in full melt-down mode.

They've got bigger issues than Ryan. They have zero pass rush and Julio Jones is already nursing a bad ankle. They will be picking in the top five next April.

There's a reason Shanahan has the nickname the QB killer.

The best signing Atlanta's done in the last few years from a Saints fan perspective. Like a dunk teenager, he took the high-powered sports car given to him and immediately wrapped it around a tree.

it aint Shannahan. i can tell you from YEARS of watching this dude ( Ryan )

Here is an interesting stat i looked up while my friend and I watched part of the first half of that ATL/Mia game.

Matt Ryan - over his 8 year tenure has thrown for over 30tds ONCE ( 2008-2015)
Drew - over same 8 years has not thrown UNDER 33Tds and eclipsed 40 twice

Now, that doesnt take into account age differential as Drew was in year 6 when 2008 rolled around.

But i found it interesting to compare as many had Matt as ELITE as soon as he joined the Falcons.

But Ryans stats in preseason are indicative of his regular season stats for PAST 8 YEARS. He isnt changing now. CAPT CHECKDOWN

Oh and i did enjoy another RED ZONE INT. :mwink:

I remember a column in 2012 or thereabouts - discussed in dreadful detail on this very forum - that declared Matt Ryan as the Great QB of the Future, and that he had already surpassed Drew as the best in the NFC South.

My, my, how quickly things change in the NFL. :smilielol:

They're destroying Ryan on sportscenter right now. Pretty much saying he's been garbage for years now and it shows when there's no Julio Jones to bail his garbage *** out.

When your 1st round pick gets moved from passrushing DE(primary) to Sam LB (secondary) you knew there wasn't much going with their PassRush. I laughed when a writer on NFL network said "they have no PassRush without Beassly"....they don't have one with him either.

To think..rumors we wanted to trade up for him. Sometimes it's the moves u don't make.

No one here is going to address this.
I'll address it - or yours preferably.

There's no one afraid to make a comment about preseason stats of players who play a series or so. What's the point? Even if someone wanted to comment and did comment, what's the point?
The numbers have no meaning what so ever. I suppose if a starting QB threw a pick every time he threw the ball, it would be debate worthy, but that aint happening.
If you don't know what you have in Drew Brees by now, you have to be borderline ignorant.

Stop Trolling.

When your 1st round pick gets moved from passrushing DE(primary) to Sam LB (secondary) you knew there wasn't much going with their PassRush. I laughed when a writer on NFL network said "they have no PassRush without Beassly"....they don't have one with him either.

To think..rumors we wanted to trade up for him. Sometimes it's the moves u don't make.

there was a play in the end of first half that we literally rewound and watched 3 times.

Beasely came off edge, tried an "inward spin" - it was stonewalled by RT. HE JUST GAVE UP - sat there with back to RT and didnt MOVE. QB was still in pocket looking to pass.

I had never seen a DE just stop his rush ever.

Brees 6-9 66 yards 0 TD 1 INT 66.7% 7.3ypa 48.6 QBR (30 Million against the cap in 2016)

Newton 13-18 198yds 1 TD 0 INT 72.2% 11ypa 126.6 QBR (19.5 Million against the cap in 2016)

Winston 10-19 125yds 2 TDs 1 INT 52.6% 6.6ypa 86.5 QBR (15.43 million against the cap in 2016)

We can update after this weekend after the best QB in the division (Brees) plays a full half. I'm sure the other QBs didn't play a few series without their top two wideouts either.

Stats from NFL.com

Contract numbers from spotrac.com

Cam has the highest completion percentage, yards per attempt, most passing yards, and best QBR yet he is the 3rd lowest cap hit.....that's a bargain for the League MVP.

Here is a bit from Matthew Berry's article yesterday. Seemed to fit in this thread. Take it for what it's worth.

2. In the past five seasons, there have been only three instances in the NFL where a QB has thrown 600 passes, completed at least 66 percent of them, but FAILED to throw at least 29 touchdowns:

Matt Ryan, 2013
Matt Ryan, 2014
Matt Ryan, 2015

I watched the Atlanta and Miami game last night. Don't know if it was Miami that looked good or Atlanta looking so bad. There were flashes but Tannehill looked like a polished vet for the most part last night. Had time to survey the field and pick apart their defense. The Dolphins defense got after the falcon's qbs and running backs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom