N/S (maybe) - Report: A gay current NFL player is "strongly considering" coming out (1 Viewer)

I hope it's our entire offensive line, and they are all madly in love with Drew Brees. Just imagine what kind of protection he would get! Lol:ezbill:

Not gonna lie, I will ball out laughing if its Matt Ryan. Everytime I see him I just think of the Sherminator from American Pie. Except, a non-straight one that leaves 747 skidmarks in his pants on game day.

You may be on to something. His wife...

sarah-marshall.jpg

Who these guys.

Ovie Mughelli

ovie.jpg

Decoud

happy_football_player.jpg

Esera Tuaolo

esera1.jpg

How does an NFL player come out discreetly? Do you think ESPN or whoever's not going to report it just because no one held a press conference? Just asking. Why does the simple fact of someone finally saying "this is who I am, and I'm not hiding it anymore" equate to "proclaiming" it or "parading it down the streets"?

Who said anything about a parade?

my guess is that it will turn out to be a rather quiet, not well known type of player. A lunch pale guy who always helps his teammates up and is already respected.

All these gay posts are gay!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

baby steps

NFL prospect comes out kicking - Salon.com

While the NFL Draft is this Thursday, Gendreau went undrafted last year and is a free agent. According to NFL Draft expert Dan Kadar, only two teams — the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers — are likely to draft a kicker this year anyway.
Gendreau’s best shot this season will be to secure an invitation to a team’s organized team activities (OTAs) over the next two months. That invitation could come from a team who attends a workout or sees a video highlighting his skills.
The next opportunity is a training camp in late July or August. Each team has two to three kickers at camp who are either competing for a job or, in the case of a team like the Patriots whose kicking position is locked up by Stephen Gostkowski, are competing for reps to showcase their talent to other teams.

Now openly gay and 23, with a deep-seated confidence in his sexual orientation, Gendreau wants another shot at the pros. This time, he wants to do it open and honest about who he is. This time, he wants to give it everything he has.The Orlando, Fla., native knew he was gay at a very young age. He came out to friends and family at 16, started dating boys in high school and had on-again, off-again relationships with men through college.
“When you know, you know,” he said with a smile.
Gendreau has also long been a devout Christian, raised in a deeply religious household. It’s a tough mix, being gay and Christian. When he came out to his parents in high school, they put him in church-based counseling. That lasted four sessions.
His sexual orientation collided with his hometown church during the winter break of his freshman year in college. Back home in Orlando for three weeks, Gendreau brought his then-boyfriend to a church gathering with friends from high school.
When parents of other youth got wind that the mystery guest was his boyfriend and Gendreau was gay, they demanded the church leadership remove him from the their worship team. They complied.

I wonder if the gay player will get more holding calls against them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom