N/S (maybe) - Report: A gay current NFL player is "strongly considering" coming out (1 Viewer)

as a fan, i dont care. what you do in your own private time is none of my business. its up to the players in the mans locker room to work it out. i hope it goes well for him.

This thread is shaping up to be a battle between "name that gay" and "it's ok to be gay".

I will go with name that gay: Matt Ryan.

1 in 32 chance it's someone from the Saints. Regardless of your views on the subject, you've got to admit that this player has a lot of courage. This should be a non-issue, but it takes baby steps like this before no one thinks twice about it.

Given the potential repercussions, my guess is that it's not a younger player still trying to make a name for himself. It's probably either a vet that has most of his career under his belt and isn't so worried about the fall out, or an elite superstar player that knows folks will respect him regardless. I immediately had a million inappropriate Matt Ryan and Roddy White jokes come to mind (shame on me), but honestly...don't be surprised if it's the last person you'd expect, like Megatron or Suh.

As a total aside, I always got the sense that Jerry Rice could possibly be someone of that preference. My reasoning is based on stereotypes (again, shame on me), but it's just a hunch.

t047xg.jpg

get me some tissue, vincent

Cortland Finnegan...guy plays too dirty not to be..like hes trying to hide something

Whoever you are, keep it to yourself....dont want your coming out party to interfere with my football season

1 in 32 chance it's someone from the Saints. Regardless of your views on the subject, you've got to admit that this player has a lot of courage. This should be a non-issue, but it takes baby steps like this before no one thinks twice about it.

Given the potential repercussions, my guess is that it's not a younger player still trying to make a name for himself. It's probably either a vet that has most of his career under his belt and isn't so worried about the fall out, or an elite superstar player that knows folks will respect him regardless. I immediately had a million inappropriate Matt Ryan and Roddy White jokes come to mind (shame on me), but honestly...don't be surprised if it's the last person you'd expect, like Megatron or Suh.

As a total aside, I always got the sense that Jerry Rice could possibly be someone of that preference. My reasoning is based on stereotypes (again, shame on me), but it's just a hunch.

What courage? He hasn't come out yet. I personally could care less though. But I must say it would b hilarious if it's a starting QB

What courage? He hasn't come out yet. I personally could care less though. But I must say it would b hilarious if it's a starting QB

The obvious assumption in my statement was that the player in question does indeed come out. I agree that it's no big deal to me, but not everyone feels the way that we do. To assert that it wouldn't take guts to be the first player ever to come out while still trying to play the game is dishonest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom