N/S - Meltdown in Carolina (1 Viewer)

Nothing but there is a lot to be happy about Carolina 1-3 after losing in the super bowl last year. Just because the saints are bad it doesn't mean we need to be depressed all the time. Let us be happy about some little things at last.

Why not? We suffer so much already.

I get what you are saying. #ThinkPositive!

Yeah, no member of this fan base has any room to talk about another fan base melting down over anything.

Exactly. The melt around this place has been unreal since the preseason, and we didn't have expectations for a great year.

giphy.gif

All our fans if we get an L

Me after getting that W

I know a lot can still happen with the Panthers........just like a lot can still happen with the Saints..........but there are a few of us who've been saying for months that Carolina was gonna take a step back this season. I'm sure many wrote it off as delusional, biased Saints fans merely hoping for it to happen........but I've said it before and I'll say it again: in today's NFL, you don't repeat the type of season Carolina had last year. The fact that Denver is undefeated right now is actually pretty remarkable. But even their regular season last year wasn't anywhere near as impressive as what Carolina was doing for a while.

I know a lot can still happen with the Panthers........just like a lot can still happen with the Saints..........but there are a few of us who've been saying for months that Carolina was gonna take a step back this season. I'm sure many wrote it off as delusional, biased Saints fans merely hoping for it to happen........but I've said it before and I'll say it again: in today's NFL, you don't repeat the type of season Carolina had last year. The fact that Denver is undefeated right now is actually pretty remarkable. But even their regular season last year wasn't anywhere near as impressive as what Carolina was doing for a while.

I agree. Carolina had a special combination last season. The running game thrived, Cam started throwing (somewhat) accurately and Josh Norman provided a lockdown corner to compliment their dominant front seven. Something else to consider is that following the Benjamin injury, they stayed very healthy overall.

They played dominant defense and Cam would do enough to capitalize on turnovers and short fields and they just had the mental toughness to grind out wins.

The Super Bowl runner-up curse is purely psychological. Especially when the runner-up had an amazing regular season. The Panthers went 17-1 prior to their date with Denver in SB 50. The Broncos roughed them up, they lost and suddenly those 17 wins mean nothing.

Look at it this way, we won 7 games in 2015. The Panthers won 10 more times then we did and at the end of the day, we are all among the 31 teams that aren't hoisting the Lombardi. I think it shakes confidence that you can work so hard, come so close and still be denied.

There's a couple of ways players respond to this -- some come back more dedicated and more focused -- however, the team "buy in" that's required to make a run is usually more shaky.

The Panthers are still dangerous -- mostly because they have guys like Thomas Davis and Luke K. who can single-handedly alter a game. But, it's not shocking to me, that they are struggling this way.

These fools out here are full blown meltdown. Especially crying about their diva QB getting the rag doll treatment. Makes me happier than a pig in ****!

These fools out here are full blown meltdown. Especially crying about their diva QB getting the rag doll treatment. Makes me happier than a pig in ****!
When do they start jumping ship?

Their biggest concern right now should be his mental health. His body might be able to take the beating and heal back up, but the brain doesn't respond the same way and he's got the same kind as everyone else. If he's already having trouble thinking clearly or seeing the game the way he used to as a result of these concussions, he could be in real trouble and Carolina could have a QB controversy on their hands.

When do they start jumping ship?

Their biggest concern right now should be his mental health. His body might be able to take the beating and heal back up, but the brain doesn't respond the same way and he's got the same kind as everyone else. If he's already having trouble thinking clearly or seeing the game the way he used to as a result of these concussions, he could be in real trouble and Carolina could have a QB controversy on their hands.

In all honesty, they get pretty close to jumping ship after every loss. For some reason, these fair weathered fans can't grasp the concept, that their team can lose on any given Sunday. When they are having a really bad year, they don't represent their team. It's a pretty terrible, but yet funny thing to see.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to drive home. If your team is 0-4 and against the worst defense in the NFL, that's not a meltdown. This isn't some sort of outlier or "things are looking up" type deal. The team is bad and hasn't proven they win in three years. The Panthers made the Super Bowl last year. I don't understand how you can't see the difference between a meltdown after 1 loss and frustration after being bad for 3 years.

I believe the point is that, yes, we were bad on defense. But this team has tried to improve the defense every year. They may have been bad signings but they tried. It is a funny time. Not funny as in ha ha but strange. We are in flux between two groups of people evaluating talent. The old regime brought us some bad people and the new group is trying to fix that. But when you lose your top 5 corners on your roster it is hard to compete. But guess what? We are competing. Maybe not as well as you would like and I give you that. But this team hasn't quit. We lacked pressure up the middle last year. This year, we got Fairley and drafted Rankins to get that push. Rankins broke his leg. Fairley is doing quite well. We did ok for three quarters against the Raiders. Then the youthful mistakes did us in the last quarter. The Giants game was a very good defensive game but then our best corner went down and the wheels came off the next game against the Falcons. we have to let go of the past. we can't change it. to keep complaining about something that can't be changed is just plain stupid. We were missing 7 starters for the Falcon game. Hard to win games like that. This last game they clawed and scratched to get this win. Some will say that it took two unaided turnovers to win that game. I say no. The offense still had to score touchdowns both times to win. You can't expect this defense to be excellent so soon. It takes time. In a weird way, maybe these injuries can help this team. Give the youngsters needed game experience that can only help their development. Just enjoy these games for what they are. A break from our lives. Do I get upset when they lose? Up to a point. But at the end of the day it is just a dang game. Life goes on. If a game upsets someone's life to the point that they are miserable, they have more pressing issues than a game. Case in point is that Raven's fan who is on life support because he got into an altercation. I guess what makes it easier for me is that I lived through this before in the Dome Patrol era. Wasted the awesome defense with lackluster offense. It will change. Nothing stays the same.

I remember

VZshs9o.jpg
Living near Seattle I wish so bad this were true because that would be hilarious. But sadly, this is inaccurate. Their current facebook likes sits at 3,982,795 likes.

Plus it's not like people actively go in and "unlike" something on facebook unless it really rustles their jimmies. So a drastic shift in likes like that is unlikely on facebook.

EDIT- I just looked at the Saints facebook, too. I'm surprised that we have more likes at over 4 million!

I believe the point is that, yes, we were bad on defense. But this team has tried to improve the defense every year. They may have been bad signings but they tried. It is a funny time. Not funny as in ha ha but strange. We are in flux between two groups of people evaluating talent. The old regime brought us some bad people and the new group is trying to fix that. But when you lose your top 5 corners on your roster it is hard to compete. But guess what? We are competing. Maybe not as well as you would like and I give you that. But this team hasn't quit. We lacked pressure up the middle last year. This year, we got Fairley and drafted Rankins to get that push. Rankins broke his leg. Fairley is doing quite well. We did ok for three quarters against the Raiders. Then the youthful mistakes did us in the last quarter. The Giants game was a very good defensive game but then our best corner went down and the wheels came off the next game against the Falcons. we have to let go of the past. we can't change it. to keep complaining about something that can't be changed is just plain stupid. We were missing 7 starters for the Falcon game. Hard to win games like that. This last game they clawed and scratched to get this win. Some will say that it took two unaided turnovers to win that game. I say no. The offense still had to score touchdowns both times to win. You can't expect this defense to be excellent so soon. It takes time. In a weird way, maybe these injuries can help this team. Give the youngsters needed game experience that can only help their development. Just enjoy these games for what they are. A break from our lives. Do I get upset when they lose? Up to a point. But at the end of the day it is just a dang game. Life goes on. If a game upsets someone's life to the point that they are miserable, they have more pressing issues than a game. Case in point is that Raven's fan who is on life support because he got into an altercation. I guess what makes it easier for me is that I lived through this before in the Dome Patrol era. Wasted the awesome defense with lackluster offense. It will change. Nothing stays the same.

Your incredible wall of text says everything that all fans of this game should remember each and every gameday of each and every season.

Well said my man, well said.

:worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom