N/S met and talked to Morten Andersen last night at his book release event (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just met and talked to Morten Andersen last night at his book release event.

It was a hilarious funny and interesting show where he spend a lot of time talking about his career in the NFL. Before the show he signed his new book and the ticket price for the whole event went to his “kick for kids program” which has benefited Children’s hospitals in Denmark, Atlanta and New Orleans. We had front line tickets which was very nice and got to ask him a few questions during the Q/A part of the show.

He signed for almost 2 hours and he signed books and everything else people put in front of him. I was wearing my #9 Jersey and when he signed my book (and added a personal dedication) he said “#9 – Great QB” and of cause I could only agree. While we waited for the show to start, an elderly lady came over to where I was standing and complemented me with my Saints jersey and told me how much she liked NO. She then continued to talk about Morten and things he had told her about his time with the Saints and the Falcons. She had not introduced herself but it soon became apparent that she was actually Mortens mother and a very nice lady indeed. She stayed and talked with us for more than 15 minutes.

I did learn a few things about Morten and the Saints I didn’t know.

• 2 years ago Morten A received a personal letter from Tom Benson offering him a one day contract and a possibility to retire as a Saint. He also offered Morten that when the time came, the Saints organization would help promote him for the HOF.

• He had been doing a commercial for the New Orleans Ballet wearing tights and how his team mates never let him forget that one.

• That he recorded a single with the then Saints punter Brian Hansen with the song “take it to the top”. He told that 10.000 copies were made, but only a few sold. He also told that he saw one on ebay last year for 99 cents.

• Morten also told that he had been back to New Orleans several times after Katrina before the fateful Monday night return of the Saints game. He felt sick when he had seen what had happened to what he still considered his city. He also told that in 2007 he had helped a troupe of New Orleans girl scouts who had written to him for economic help to attend a meet. Afterwards they had written him a very nice letter thanking him a lot and ending the letter by saying that they hoped “the Saints would kick his ***** in the next game”

His final word were that he hoped to play next year, even if only for one game but he the only places he would ever want to play again would be either Atlanta or New Orleans and one day he would love to retire a Saint. ( he said that to a room full of a lot of Falcons fan with yours truly being the only one showing the black and gold colours)

Good to hear about Morten, he was always a shining star on a pretty limited offense. The Saints got rid of him like they did many players, when he still had lots of career left. When he was here he was always very involved with New Orleans(and from your story still is) and loved it very much from what I understand.

Hey thanks for the nice recap. Looks like he may be the first Saint in the HOF.

Thanks for the inside info. He sounds like a great guy, and I hope he does retire a Saint.

I just met and talked to Morten Andersen last night at his book release event

I did learn a few things about Morten and the Saints I didn’t know.

• He had been doing a commercial for the New Orleans Ballet wearing tights and how his team mates never let him forget that one.

Didn't you just post a couple weeks back about meeting him?? Do you think he thinks you're stalking him?? j/k :hihi:

Something I remember in regards to what you posted- I recall a game circa 1984 or so when the Saints went up to New England and played the Patriots in the snow, and won 7-0. Afterwards, some of the guys on the team were giving Morten a hard time 'cause he was wearing women's pantyhose to stay warm... :hihi:

Didn't you just post a couple weeks back about meeting him?? Do you think he thinks you're stalking him?? j/k :hihi:

Something I remember in regards to what you posted- I recall a game circa 1984 or so when the Saints went up to New England and played the Patriots in the snow, and won 7-0. Afterwards, some of the guys on the team were giving Morten a hard time 'cause he was wearing women's pantyhose to stay warm... :hihi:

No - I translated a log entry where he told a lot about the state of the falcons but I did mention that I was going to this show THIS weekend

I met and talked to him at several mini camps, and he was a real nice down to earth guy. He has not let his success go to his head. To me he's one of the greatest kickers of all time, and one of my favorite Saints.

I hope it happens

I hope that the Saints step up to the plate and make this night happen. It would be unprecedented. It would say a lot for the organization whom never should have let him go.

I hope that the Saints step up to the plate and make this night happen. It would be unprecedented. It would say a lot for the organization whom never should have let him go.

If Benson is directly involved, you can pretty much depend on it happening. I think Benson appreciates all Morton did for him during his early days as an owner.

awesome OP btw

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom