N/S: Mike Jenkins (CB, USF) gets raved about from Kiffin... (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
'After Jenkins' workout, Kiffin offered before even being asked, "Man, that kid is something else."

Asked to elaborate, Kiffin happily complied, saying, "He's a special guy. He's got great feet and great ball skills. You can see it. And he can help you on special teams, too. But you don't draft a guy in the first round for special teams. You're going to draft him to be a great corner."

Kiffin likes the fact that Jenkins has excelled in both man-to-man and zone coverages, as USF in 2007 mixed its coverages to include more man-to-man looks because of Jenkins' ability to blanket receivers.

"He can play man and he's got great man skills," Kiffin said of Jenkins.'

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/03/kiffin-on-usfs.html

He's the best corner in the draft in my mind. I'd still rather a dream draft of Ellis/Dorsey in the 1st, Reggie Smith in the 2nd and Philip Wheeler in the 3rd

He must be good if Kiffin is raving about him.

Obviously this thread is hopeless. Clearly there can be no doubt we will take DRC. Haven't you been reading the board?

Jenkins is the best available. I'm OK with it.

I like this one:

"You have to think Kiffin would love nothing more than to have the Bucs pick a defensive player in the first round for the second consecutive year. If that happens, expect Jenkins to be one Tampa Bay considers -- if he's still on the board when the Bucs select 20th overall."

He won't be there at 20, write it down.

ddd

A cornerback in the first round

I don't think that the Saints can go wrong selecting any one of the following corners in the first round:
Leodis McKelvin
Mike Jenkins
D.Rodgers Cromartie
That where our draft is headed and I'm on board with it.:lol:

In ink or pencil? :hihi:

Agreed, he will not be on the board by pick #20. I believe that if DRC is gone and he is available at #10, he is ours.:9:

"I believe that if DRC is gone and he is available at #10,"

LOL!

I wonder which one of us is better at subtle humor?

ddd

If Kiffin said that, then that is a big compliment considering he coaches one of the best corners in the league today.

are we talking about monte kiffin or the lane kiffin from the raiders? huge difference here.

"He's the best corner in the draft in my mind."

I agree, he reminds me of Pac Man Jones skill-wise

After all of our LB signings I think that the Saints will target Mike Jenkins or Sedrick Ellis at 1[10].

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom