N/S Mike Mayock just said Ellis is ahead of Dorsey (1 Viewer)

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ellis was being interviewed on NFL Network by the panel and he told Ellis that he had them at 1 and 1a, but Ellis has now pushed ahead of Dorsey. Ellis really struck me as a bright kid; he's well spoken, no attitude, intelligent. He's going to be a stud in this league for a long time.

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
Dorsey and Ellis both will be gone by Pick #5. If the Saints want one, it's going to cost them.

Last edited:

jazzjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
guys that don't play at the Senior bowl sometimes fall a bit. Until the combine that is and then there is a ton of board jockying. A healthy Dorsey and Ellis would be close. Wouldn't it be difficult to choose between them if the opportunity arose? That would separate the men from the boys.

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
if i had to choose between both, id pick dorsey.

and im a georgia fan, not a LSU fan.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ellis was being interviewed on NFL Network by the panel and he told Ellis that he had them at 1 and 1a, but Ellis has now pushed ahead of Dorsey. Ellis really struck me as a bright kid; he's well spoken, no attitude, intelligent. He's going to be a stud in this league for a long time.
I don't think you could go wrong with either guy...

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly I would take either. They will both be probowlers within 3 yrs.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Keep in mind Ellis is 100% healthy and tearing up the Senior Bowl. Dorsey's knee is still dinged. But both of these guys are going to be monsters. Shame too...I was hoping one or the other would fall to 10.

slaym

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They will both be gone before our pick, we just need to figure out who the other 7 picks will be before we select at #10.

rickyjones

I’ve always believed.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Any shot we can doctor some photos that show Dorsey and Ellis smoking grass while basejumping with skis on? Maybe this would get them to the 10 spot. C'mon you photoshop people-show your team spirit.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Any shot we can doctor some photos that show Dorsey and Ellis smoking grass while basejumping with skis on? Maybe this would get them to the 10 spot. C'mon you photoshop people-show your team spirit.
We need to start an internet rumor that one or the other was seen in a strip club hanging with Ricky and Pacman.......

HoumaSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
We need to start an internet rumor that one or the other was seen in a strip club hanging with Ricky and Pacman.......
let's say both of them were seen, then trade our pick for the cowboy's two picks and draft both of them. :hihi:

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
que d3vanj... our resident Photoshop guru... :9: <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_903458", true); </SCRIPT>

BayouSaint

Reaction score
If Mayock said that then he needs to find something else to do.

dome patrol

knowucantreadmypokerface
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Mayock said that then he needs to find something else to do.
Not really.

With his outstanding senior bowl and senior season, and considering Dorsey's knee, you'd have to rate Ellis ahead of him at this point.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Once all the hype die down and the combine and pro day rolls by, everything will fall back into place.... with ... Dorsey ahead of Ellis. Cason, Jenkins, Talib ahead of Cromartie and Mckelvin. Phillips as a top 15 pick and the best Safety in the nation. Wait until the combine to compare the two, it makes no sense to compare with a player whose not even there.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting that he said that Ellis is much better suited as a 3-4 NT, playing over the Center... and Dorsey a 4-3 DT, playing over the Guard.

He called them "two different animals."

With that said, both will be gone by the 10th pick... as will Rivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)