N/S Miles Garrett about to get a long suspension. Swung a helmet and hit a helmet less player in the head. (1 Viewer)

Yes you see it all the time. What you don't see is players responding by swinging a weapon at the other players face. If he had come down at a different angle and hit Rudolph in the face with that we wouldn't be talking about suspension we would be talking about prison time for Garrett and an extended stay in the hospital for Rudolph. We are talking Rudy T and Kermit Washington level stuff here.

I'm in noway excusing Garrett. But it took 2 to tango. Wth was Rudolph thinking trying to pick a fight with his helmet off anyway? He's already suffered head trauma this season. If he had threw his arms up in protest before continuing to pursue an altercation then the helmet swing probably wouldn'tve happened. They each share equal responsibility

I'm in noway excusing Garrett. But it took 2 to tango. Wth was Rudolph thinking trying to pick a fight with his helmet off anyway? He's already suffered head trauma this season. If he had threw his arms up in protest before continuing to pursue an altercation then the helmet swing probably wouldn'tve happened. They each share equal responsibility

They both bear responsibility, but it's hardly equal. Garrett was the guy who violently ripped his helmet off and he was the one with the weapon in his hand. Rudolph certainly should have stayed out of it once he lost his helmet, but Garrett had to bear more responsibility once he had another player''s helmet in his hand. Their reactions were not equal at all.

I think the fight had already started when Rudolph got his helmut ripped off his head. Hard to pick a fight? Say what?

Mason Rudolph should get at least a game as well, he started it by trying to take Garrets helmet off first so how does he get off scott free?

Can't believe that Steelers found a bigger scumbag than Rapistburger

Problem is, this guy is saying stuff that clearly didn't happen. And Garrett himself hasn't said anything about being kicked in the nuts.

The video clearly shows Rudolph trying to push Garrett off, not kicking. And Rudolph was trying to grab a hold of Garrett to get him off because Garrett wouldn't let go of his bear hug. He did have his hand on the back of the helmet which started to slip off, but that was more about defending himself, and he never grabbed Garrett's facemesk. Garrett on the other hand violently tossed him around like a rag doll by the facemask before pulling the helmet, then of course whacking him on the head with it. Pretty amazing how people are trying to equivocate the two players' behavior.

Rudolph was dumb to try and go after Garrett without his helmet, yes, but that' doesn't the severity of Garrett's actions.

Mason Rudolph should get at least a game as well, he started it by trying to take Garrets helmet off first so how does he get off scott free?

Fyi, he's not getting off scot free. The NFL is expected to hand down a fine for Rudolph. So, this isn't done yet.

Also, Rudolph has said he doesn't want to press charges and want to keep this a league matter.

Problem is, this guy is saying stuff that clearly didn't happen. And Garrett himself hasn't said anything about being kicked in the nuts.

The video clearly shows Rudolph trying to push Garrett off, not kicking. And Rudolph was trying to grab a hold of Garrett to get him off because Garrett wouldn't let go of his bear hug. He did have his hand on the back of the helmet which started to slip off, but that was more about defending himself, and he never grabbed Garrett's facemesk. Garrett on the other hand violently tossed him around like a rag doll by the facemask before pulling the helmet, then of course whacking him on the head with it. Pretty amazing how people are trying to equivocate the two players' behavior.

Rudolph was dumb to try and go after Garrett without his helmet, yes, but that' doesn't the severity of Garrett's actions.
You really should rewatch with your glasses on. Tell me how cleats to the crouch really feel like too...

You really should rewatch with your glasses on. Tell me how cleats to the crouch really feel like too...

That was a push, not a kick. Cleats don't feel good either way. And regardless, if you're wearing a cup to protect yourself, there's that too.

The video clearly shows Rudolph trying to push him away after his facemask is grabbed.

And rewatching again only reinforces that it wasn't a kick. His foot was in his crotch very briefly. I'm not seeing a vicious kick at all. I don't get it. A still shot doesn't do this justice. :shrug:

Last edited:
Rudolph was trying to grab a hold of Garrett to get him off because Garrett wouldn't let go of his bear hug. He did have his hand on the back of the helmet which started to slip off, but that was more about defending himself, and he never grabbed Garrett's facemesk.
It amazes me how people try to rationalize what Rudolph did. This part is completely false. Garrett let Rudolph go as soon as they both hit the ground. Rudolph then rolled up on his elbow and started trying to pull off Garrett's helmet. His whole left hand was under the facemask and his right hand clearly grabbed the back of his helmet before he wrapped his right arm around the helmet for better leverage. Rudolph wasn't defending himself, he was being a punk because he didn't like losing and didn't like getting tackled after he threw the ball. He should have just let the refs/league decide if Garrett's tackle was a foul rather than take matters into his own hands. Both players are guilty of escalating the situation and Garrett certainly took it to a level it should have never gone to, but that doesn't change the fact that Rudolph is the one who initiated the whole thing.

Last edited:
saw were Garrett is using a new "tactic" at the appeals claiming Rudolph provoked him with a racial slur.... I so wish people would quit using this for a reason to assault or attack someone be better than that....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom