N/S Miles Garrett about to get a long suspension. Swung a helmet and hit a helmet less player in the head. (1 Viewer)

What caused the whole thing? Did Rudolph's frustration get to him? I heard an interview this morning and all he said was that Ogunboji kept talking trash. I hope that is not what started this while debacle. I would think Garrett is gone for at least the rest of the season and Pouncey should get 2-4 games. If Rudolph was the instigator, he should get a hefty fine as well.

The NFL should take from here to Sunday to talk to everyone involved. They should have Rudolph, Pouncey, Garrett, etc, to be interviewed in the NFL offices. Make a thorough investigation on what happened from the beginning.

And by Monday, they have to come hard on both teams.

The way I see it, Rudolph may get a 1-2 game suspension. Pouncey may get a 4 game suspension, and Garrett should have at least 8 games out.

I think it is easy to isolate on Garrett and Pouncey, but I will review the actions from the beginning and make a strong decision.

Bountygate was heresay. Here, we have video. The punishment should be hard. The investigation, quick and thorough.

The NFL should take from here to Sunday to talk to everyone involved. They should have Rudolph, Pouncey, Garrett, etc, to be interviewed in the NFL offices. Make a thorough investigation on what happened from the beginning.

And by Monday, they have to come hard on both teams.

The way I see it, Rudolph may get a 1-2 game suspension. Pouncey may get a 4 game suspension, and Garrett should have at least 8 games out.

I think it is easy to isolate on Garrett and Pouncey, but I will review the actions from the beginning and make a strong decision.

Bountygate was heresay. Here, we have video. The punishment should be hard. The investigation, quick and thorough.

Vilma got suspended for a full season for basically locker room trash talk. I would think Garrett would at least get that for trying to bludgeon a QB.

RUDOLPH.

And, no, their suspensions shouldn't be similar. If Rudolph had hit Garrett in the head with his helmet, then they should be similar.

Someone comes charging at you during Mardi Gras your being held back by 2 of his friends you have a beer bottle in your hand . You bust him in the head .... it’s all on video are you going to jail? I think not

I wonder what it feels like to have a 6'5" 235lb dude leg press your crotch with the bottom of his cleats. Actually I don't want to know, but Garrett knows how it feels.

wonder how it feels to have a 6'6" 295 lb dude take your helmet and waylay it into your skull. I dont want to know, but can ask Mason.

Again, this all could have been avoided if Garrett doesnt give the QB a 3 sec late hit, drive him into ground....with all of 5 SECONDS LEFT ON GAME CLOCK.

The scrum before with pushing, wrestling, ripping helmet off not a big deal happens all the time. Using the helmet as a weapon huge deal! Could be criminal charges coming if Rudolph decides to pursue. Def suspended rest of season. The other guy that took the cheap shot on Rudolph when his back was turned should be suspended also what punk move. That guy is a low life to cheap shot someone.

Someone comes charging at you during Mardi Gras your being held back by 2 of his friends you have a beer bottle in your hand . You bust him in the head .... it’s all on video are you going to jail? I think not

ummm think again.

you spending the night in OPP.

wonder how it feels to have a 6'6" 295 lb dude take your helmet and waylay it into your skull. I dont want to know, but can ask Mason.

Again, this all could have been avoided if Garrett doesnt give the QB a 3 sec late hit, drive him into ground....with all of 5 SECONDS LEFT ON GAME CLOCK.
I think 3 second late hit is a bit of an overstretch.

This all could have been avoided if the steelers would have just taken a knee since there was no chance for them to win the game.

You pretty much just described the fight in Con Air that sends Nic Cages character to prison for 8 years.

6'4" 272lbs.

It never would've went that far had Rudolph not started and instigated the entire altercation.

By 3 seconds, do you mean instant contact when Garrett hit Rudolph and was facing away from where the ball was thrown? When you say drive him into the ground, do you mean pull him down on top of you? I'm just curious b/c it wasn't 3 seconds late and he was facing away and down from where the ball was thrown so he wouldn't have known it was released. Garrett's back hit the ground first when he pulled Rudolph down.

I am not defending the swinging of the helmet, that was too far, but don't pretend that Rudolph is innocent.

The thing that is missing from most of the post is that Randolph got off the ground and went after Garrett.

They were both in the wrong and should both be suspended. The fact that the qb initiated it and kept it going by chasing Garrett needs to be considered. Their suspensions should be similar.

If Randolph doesn't chase him down, this would have barely been a story and things would have ended up the way they should on a football field.
I think everyone agrees that Rudolph was wrong and should be disciplined. But saying that someone starting a skirmish by trying to pull a helmet off and charging a guy while screaming should be punished the same as assault w a weapon w clear intent to injure or potentially kill is delusional.

You’re correct on 1 part tho: if MR doesn’t charge MG then this isn’t a story. The one thing you’re ignoring tho is that this also wouldn’t be a story if MG doesn’t decide to try and permanently injure someone. Players scream, charge, and grab at each other almost every week. What also never happens in the NFL is one player attempting to break another’s skull w helmets.

3 seconds he was on him before he threw the ball you guys really see what you want it’s comical

That birch Ogunboji should get a game or 2 as well, he sure backed off when #71 stepped up.

But man- what if he had connected with the crown of the helmet? things could have been really really serious then

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom