N/S Mitch Trubisky enters the draft (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Interesting, a mock made back in November had him mocked to us in the 3rd round, now 3 months later many mocks have him listed as a top 5 pick. Strange how these things move.

This is great news for us as, though we are not in the market for a qb, plenty of teams before us are, and if they aren't, teams after us might be, so this will either push a top defensive prospect back to us, or make our pick a bit sexier for acquiring.

Does anyone have thoughts on this kid? I am not a UNC fan, nor have I seen him play, so I am unqualified to give an opinion, but does he have the makings of a solid pro prospect? I know that we have some UNC fans on the board, so any insight would be much appreciated.

UNC

Everything I've read on him is he's smart, accurate good decision maker and has good mobility. The only knock I have read is he doesn't have a strong an arm as coaches want.

Mike McGlinchey (sp?) the OT from Notre Dame needs to declare next. He'd be the top OT in the draft and jump into the top 10... dropping another blue-chip prospect into our range.

Mike McGlinchey (sp?) the OT from Notre Dame needs to declare next. He'd be the top OT in the draft and jump into the top 10... dropping another blue-chip prospect into our range.

Actually, if he did declare, I wonder if we would have any interest in that flavor of kool aid.

Actually, if he did declare, I wonder if we would have any interest in that flavor of kool aid.

If he was the best player available when pick #11 comes up, then I think the Saints should draft him

I think teams should take the best player on the board regardless of position in the 1st round. Exceptions can be made for teams with young franchise QBs, but we are no longer among that group either IMO... especially with Drew saying he will finish his contract and then see where to go from there.

If he was the best player available when pick #11 comes up, then I think the Saints should draft him

I think teams should take the best player on the board regardless of position in the 1st round. Exceptions can be made for teams with young franchise QBs, but we are no longer among that group either IMO... especially with Drew saying he will finish his contract and then see where to go from there.

Man, wouldn't that be some cold water to the face if we came out and drafted a qb in the 1st round. Hello Brett Favre meet Aaron Rodgers.

Interesting, a mock made back in November had him mocked to us in the 3rd round, now 3 months later many mocks have him listed as a top 5 pick. Strange how these things move.

This is great news for us as, though we are not in the market for a qb, plenty of teams before us are, and if they aren't, teams after us might be, so this will either push a top defensive prospect back to us, or make our pick a bit sexier for acquiring.

Does anyone have thoughts on this kid? I am not a UNC fan, nor have I seen him play, so I am unqualified to give an opinion, but does he have the makings of a solid pro prospect? I know that we have some UNC fans on the board, so any insight would be much appreciated.

UNC

That is good news.

Usually a team or 2 surprise everyone and reach for a QB in the top 10 - 15. When that happens, it blows up the 1st round boards. IIRC last year, it didn't happen.

Maybe this year.

Other thoughts, although I don't want a QB earlier than the 3rd round, I have a feeling that Payton is thinking high QB pick this year.

Man, wouldn't that be some cold water to the face if we came out and drafted a qb in the 1st round. Hello Brett Favre meet Aaron Rodgers.

The only QB this year that I would take at 11 would be Kizer. He's got all the attributes a good QB needs and then some. He could slip a little because Notre Dame was so terrible as a team and so poorly coached.

McGlinchey has stated he is coming back for his 5th season, unless he pulls a 180.

He did not have a banner year and he would have to really have superior workouts to go in the top 10. He only played 1 year at LT and I think he realizes he needs to develop at that position a little more before coming out. As of today, he is good, but he is not Ronnie Stanley.

The only QB this year that I would take at 11 would be Kizer. He's got all the attributes a good QB needs and then some. He could slip a little because Notre Dame was so terrible as a team and so poorly coached.

As a Notre Dame fan, I selfishly wanted Kizer to return because this year was so rough for ND and I think he was the best option at a bounce back next season. Kelly made two huge mistakes before the season even started in keeping Van Gorder at DC and by not naming Kizer the starter right out and going into the season with a qb battle hanging over the team. After that rough start, it was all down hill.

Saying that though, I believe Kizer will be a great NFL quarterback in time. He needs more development to be NFL ready and he showed this year that when he is shaken, he can lose some of his cool and make some big mistakes. He also really missed Will Fuller, but ND has some great young receivers coming up that he could have excelled with.

I watched a a lot of Carolina games this season, they seemed to be on TV a lot this year and I was impressed with him. I didn't know who he was but he showed me a lot. He showed poise under pressure and made the throws in crunch time.

Didn't have a good bowl game but when the game was on the line and they needed a TD he drove them down rather easily. I think he would make a good pro..if we did draft him I'd like the pick a lot..he could learn a lot behind Drew.

I also wouldn't mind Switzer or Proehl (Ricky Proehl's son, Austin), those guys catch everything thrown their way.

Just my thoughts, but the gutting of the 5 coaches is a clear message that someone very high up in the organization has said, "Enough. We want results now. This year!"

To keep their jobs, I don't think SP and Loomis have the options to use a top draft pick for someone who likely would not start for 3-years.

Looking forward to the Rapaport 'reports' of us planning to draft a first round QB. You know, just like we did last April. For the crap report, speculation is life

Just my thoughts, but the gutting of the 5 coaches is a clear message that someone very high up in the organization has said, "Enough. We want results now. This year!"

To keep their jobs, I don't think SP and Loomis have the options to use a top draft pick for someone who likely would not start for 3-years.

I think that is a very good point, and I believe it's accurate. We need players this year that help immediately and contribute to wins right out of the gate.

With that said, if Dalvin Cook is there at 11, we need to grab him... he helps immediately in 3 phases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom