N/S Mora-Seahawks '09 Coach (1 Viewer)

Not surprising to here this, he left the Dirty Birds to go their and became their QB's coach. I do think Little Mora is a better coordinator then a HC, he just does not have the touch his old man did when he our HC. I mean as much as people criticize Jim Mora Sr. for his playoff lack of success. Mark my words he won and when he won it was pretty damn convincingly. I mean his Dome Patrol teams beat the crap out of people for a good portion of the time he was here.

His son lacks the fortitude and the GM skills to make a team run, he just isn't cut out for it, in my view at least

Not surprising to here this, he left the Dirty Birds to go their and became their QB's coach. I do think Little Mora is a better coordinator then a HC, he just does not have the touch his old man did when he our HC. I mean as much as people criticize Jim Mora Sr. for his playoff lack of success. Mark my words he won and when he won it was pretty damn convincingly. I mean his Dome Patrol teams beat the crap out of people for a good portion of the time he was here.

His son lacks the fortitude and the GM skills to make a team run, he just isn't cut out for it, in my view at least

From what i've been reading the Seahawk fans are not real happy with this choice....i like the idea of a smooth transition from coach to coach...but the man has never impressed me either. "Dome Patrol" best defense we ever fielded and i would really like to see Payton do the same.....throw us defensive guys a bone, at least, in the FA-Draft....

Mora seems to have the 'friend' bug that Haslett and other coaches had when he went to Atlanta. He brought a bunch of his San Francisco buddies to Atlanta and in the end I think that did him in alot. He's a good X and O's coach and an OK (8-8) head coach IMO. He needs some better assistants around him (but then again, so does every other head coach).

sky, I think the Giants winning the SB showed a big lesson that we need to get a hold of. We need Defense and we need play makers who can give us threats on both sides of the aisle. I wonder if it made a bit imprint on Payton sky, because he can be a very stubborn man to change things and change his philosophy. Payton likes offense, and maybe he likes it too much. But sooner or later no matter how many points you put up on a team, stopping them will do much more to help you win in the long run.

Mike Martz is a good example, he had some great offenses in St. Louis but his defenses were at times unimpressive. He had some good D's but not all the time.

We need defense and we need it in the worst way

sky, I think the Giants winning the SB showed a big lesson that we need to get a hold of. We need Defense and we need play makers who can give us threats on both sides of the aisle. I wonder if it made a bit imprint on Payton sky, because he can be a very stubborn man to change things and change his philosophy. Payton likes offense, and maybe he likes it too much. But sooner or later no matter how many points you put up on a team, stopping them will do much more to help you win in the long run.

Mike Martz is a good example, he had some great offenses in St. Louis but his defenses were at times unimpressive. He had some good D's but not all the time.

We need defense and we need it in the worst way

:9:
i don't think anyone on this board would disagree with that...how we get there is open for debate....i'm just hoping for a good,solid defensive draft. Not alot of shining stars defensively but the 2-5 rounds we can make some headway in the right direction....the SB was a wake-up call for the whole NFL and i expect D-players at certain positions will be getting all kinds of money now...keep the faith, we'll get there.

Rooney rule? Hmm...this will be interesting.

I'm a big believer in diversity, and think the intentions of the rule are moving in the right direction, but it seems ridiculous that you can't do long term planning of your franchise without doing window dressing interviews.

I am not surprised. There were some speculation that Mora could have gotten the Washington job if he wanted to, but he told Snyder he was taking his name out of the contest. There should have been a reason for that, and it was the promise of the Seattle job.

The reaction of the Seattle fanbase is a logical one, nobody will be excited with the hiring of a coach who didn't have a lot of success in his previous job. Look at NY when Coughlin was hired, and San Diego with Turner. The thing is that coaces can learn and better. I would not be excited by the hiring but I would not be dissapointed either.

Is this the earliest that a succeeding Head Coach has been announced? Usually a Head Coach either gets fired or retires at the end of the season and then a succeeding coach is found. Did Seahawks have to go thru the mandatory minority interview process?

The colts have done exactly the same thing, one week in advance. So at least this is the second time it happens.

The reaction of the Seattle fanbase is a logical one, nobody will be excited with the hiring of a coach who didn't have a lot of success in his previous job. Look at NY when Coughlin was hired, and San Diego with Turner. The thing is that coaces can learn and better. I would not be excited by the hiring but I would not be dissapointed either.

It was Mike Holmgreen who was impressed with Jim Mora Jr the most.....I just heard him talk on Sirius, praising Mora, and it is Holmgreen who is pushing for Mora to be the HC.....

The reaction of the Seattle fanbase is a logical one, nobody will be excited with the hiring of a coach who didn't have a lot of success in his previous job....

Uhhh ... In his first season, Mora took the Falcons (12-6) to the NFC Championship game. Then coached them to an 8-8 and a 7-9 season with his so-called superstar QB quitting on him both seasons.

His only downfalls were trying to teach Mike Vick the West Coast Offense for three seasons and getting a little homesick for the beautiful city of Seattle.

The Seahawks made a great move. I wish him nothing but the best ... except when the Saints are on the other sideline.

I am up here in rainy land. Yep, the talk is he is the next one. I say: bully for him (see what I did there)......bully= British for good for him....you know, the Saints in England...oh well.

He is it and he will be a good one..................damn their Canadian beers.....its like whiskey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom