N/S Nevada Senate Passes Vegas Stadium Bill (1 Viewer)

Raiders need to get out of Oakland. That city is trash. Not to mention you have to compete with the 49ers. In Nevada you'll have the entire fan base. Add in the fact Las Vegas is a huge attraction and you have potential for big financial success.

Funny... Oakland endure 14 years of terrible football and when they are good again... They let a playoff team move... WOW

I would be willing to bet that if they do go, the city will fight to retain the name like the Brown's did years ago.

Here comes the Vegas Gamblers. Although I do not agree with relocation of any team. BDM

The teams attitude could suit Vegas quite well. "Just Win Baby"

Would also become one of the most popular places for visiting teams fans to visit.
Posted via Mobile Device

If LV is willing to pony up 2 BILLION that is some incentive. But, I'm not sure why it would cost that much to build a stadium b/c even the cowboy's new stadium only cost like 1 Billion... so what is that extra billion going to be for?

The only thing surprising about this is that it's being done out in the open. Franchises have been doing this thing quite a bit over the years. Baltimore, Houston, LA, St Louis... Its only a matter of time until teams that don't have a shiny new multi-billion dollar stadium will be faced with a choice to pay or wave goodbye. I don't see the NFL expanding to more teams due to the potential loss of revenue by the current teams. So if the NFL expands beyond the US then those franchise in London or Canada or Mexico will have to come from the existing franchises here in the US.

The only thing surprising about this is that it's being done out in the open. Franchises have been doing this thing quite a bit over the years. Baltimore, Houston, LA, St Louis... Its only a matter of time until teams that don't have a shiny new multi-billion dollar stadium will be faced with a choice to pay or wave goodbye. I don't see the NFL expanding to more teams due to the potential loss of revenue by the current teams. So if the NFL expands beyond the US then those franchise in London or Canada or Mexico will have to come from the existing franchises here in the US.

Bills to Canada and Jags to London seems very likely.
I don't know what team would move to Mexico, and convincing players to move to mexico would be an extremely hard sell.

Vegas just makes too much sense. Think of how much they will make just in travel from the opposing team's fans.

With the NFL becoming more and more fantasy driven and more and more money going into betting sites advertised by the NFL, it just makes sense.

Oakland is trash. Who wouldn't love going to a road game in Vegas??

Vegas and the Raiders are a match made in heaven...or hell :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom