N/S--New Orleans fans support your Pelicans (3 Viewers)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Pelicans are up 2-0 after winning both games vs. Portland, so pack the Blender on Thursday night

havent kept up with it too much this season, but how do the pelicans match up vs the rockets/warriors for round 2? looks like spurs wont beat warriors so if the timberwolves dont beat rockets we face rockets. i know cousins went down in a win vs the rockets. and they've beaten the warriors too. can pelicans win a 7 game series against either?

thoughts?

havent kept up with it too much this season, but how do the pelicans match up vs the rockets/warriors for round 2? looks like spurs wont beat warriors so if the timberwolves dont beat rockets we face rockets. i know cousins went down in a win vs the rockets. and they've beaten the warriors too. can pelicans win a 7 game series against either?

thoughts?

Can yes? Will they, most likely no. I’d say less than 15% chance

Without curry we are very much capable of beating warriors. They have no one who can stop ad

thoughts?

First things first. In the last 26 games of the regular season, the Blazers were 23-3 at home. We went in and won, not one, but BOTH games!

So IF we win both these next 2 home games for a sweep???

Yeah, why not!

I like NBA playoffs and it's been fun to watch. But the regular season is boring with teams just in cruise control and barely playing defense. I'll still take March Madness everyday. But glad the Pelicans are doing well and will definitely go to a playoff game or two! But overall any kind of football (high school, college, and NFL) trumps basketball for me. We are still mainly a football state.

The Pelicans are so close. If Boogie returns next year or is replaced by another superstar, they have a chance to compete with Golden State. Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday are the real deal. Rondo is the perfect PG for that team. They are one piece away.

thoughts?

I'm not 100% positive but I don't think the NBA playoffs work that way. They have brackets. Seedings are to set the initial bracket only. If we win we play the winner of the Golden State bracket.

I'm not 100% positive but I don't think the NBA playoffs work that way. They have brackets. Seedings are to set the initial bracket only. If we win we play the winner of the Golden State bracket.

Yes this. The NBA playoffs are not reseeded every round like the NFL playoffs. We play the winner of Spurs and Warriors period.

Right now the Warriors are up 2 games and Curry could be back for the 2nd round. I would have preferred to play them in Round 1. We can certainly take a few games from them, but it's not a gimme series by any means. Even without Curry, they handled beat the Spurs twice. Durant and Thompson are the real deals. We can win, but it'll be tough.

If we do slip past Golden State, then we have to play the ghosts of the Pelicans' past (Rockets).

Yes this. The NBA playoffs are not reseeded every round like the NFL playoffs. We play the winner of Spurs and Warriors period.

Right now the Warriors are up 2 games and Curry could be back for the 2nd round. I would have preferred to play them in Round 1. We can certainly take a few games from them, but it's not a gimme series by any means. Even without Curry, they handled beat the Spurs twice. Durant and Thompson are the real deals. We can win, but it'll be tough.

If we do slip past Golden State, then we have to play the ghosts of the Pelicans' past (Rockets).

oh wow. i had no idea they dont reseed. shows how much i pay attention. maybe i knew that just didnt rem. thanks! so onto GS it seems.

Very jealous of people who live in NOLA and/or don't have six young children. Would be a dream to be there. And this is a great young team. Many great seasons to come. Hop on board!

Currently live two hours away from Portland and really wish I could have gone to either the past two games. Was too jet lagged from a work trip to Europe last week to go to the Saturday one and just couldn't make the drive yesterday.

Hopefully there's no game 5 but if there is I'll definitely have to consider making the ride down to Portland.

Either that or I'll be in NOLA in early May, maybe just maybe I can catch a home game (hoping they're still in then!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom