N/S NFL considering moving all conference championship games to neutral sites (2 Viewers)

You have to assume the NFL sees this as a way to have three Super Bowls, one large and two medium sized.

Essentiallym, this would be the BCS for the NFL, and they could squeeze the cities that want to host, and have two more chances to run corporate events and sponsorships in communities under their control.

Depriiving home fans of tickets isn't a bug -- it's a feature.

I find this dumb. There's a reason teams play for the best record and that's to have HFA in playoffs. That's the reward for being the best.

They probably seen that a game with the Bengals or Bills is sold out in Atlanta but what they don't realize is Atlanta doesn't even root for their own team..so, yeah, they want to see a winner!

Last edited:
I agree, but people don't like that half the teams will make the playoffs possibly causing sub .500 teams to be in every year. Honestly though, if competitive balance is truly their main concern, this is the best scenario.
The way I see it, there will certainly be some years where the #7 & #8 seeds will be teams that struggled early in the season but are playing their best football at the end of the season. So if a few early injuries or turnovers caused a rough start for a team then they turn it around in the last month or so, they could absolutely become a contender in the playoffs.

But if a .500 team (or worse) ends up making the playoffs and has to play a juggernaut top seed... so what? The way it is now those top seeds are just sitting around at home watching round one on TV. Let everyone in the playoffs play the entire postseason schedule.

If the #1 & #2 seeds are so much better than the #7 & #8, then they should find it easy to beat them. But I can tell you for sure that NFL fans who don't have a dog in the fight will likely be pulling for those long shot underdogs to beat those top seeds. It's just fun to watch a team play when they have nothing to lose.

Everyone thank Burrow and the Bengals for hopefully delaying this terrible idea at least a year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom