N/S NFL not signing off on Chad Ochocinco's plan to use Twitter during games (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I'm not on Twitter and don't plan on being on Twitter, but I think that the NFL doesn't want this to happen because it isn't THEIR idea. Believe me, if the NFL could find a way to give fans a sense of involvement (whether fabricated or not) in the game, they'll do it, especially if they can make some money off of it. They already have players miked and use that stuff on the NFL Network and in NFL Films presentations. I think that it's a matter of time before they develop a way to leverage social networking technology or other innovations in-game. Heck, I think that it was ESPN that had a "guess the play" gimmick during games one season. I wouldn't be surprised if, within the next few years, someone develops a way for fans to be able to listen into to coaches' calls or other on-field communications at home while blocking it from in-stadium connections, which they would advertise as a way to enhance the game viewing experience without compromising the competitive spirit.

Bullcrap. If Brees did it, you'd be praising him for trying to "stay in touch with the fans" or something similar. It takes less than 10 seconds to send a fricking tweet. If he's doing it in the huddle, there's a problem...but if he's doing it on the sidelines instead of chatting up a teammate? Who gives a damn?

playing around on the internet =/ having your head in a football game. plain and simple. Brees would not engage in a self promotional exercise in the middle of a game to the detriment of his team. In case you didnt notice, Brees is on the sideline looking at photographs of the defense after every drive and strategizing with the coach. He doesnt have time to post internet messages during a game because his priorities are in order.

Believe me, if the NFL could find a way to give fans a sense of involvement (whether fabricated or not) in the game, they'll do it, especially if they can make some money off of it. ... Heck, I think that it was ESPN that had a "guess the play" gimmick during games one season. I wouldn't be surprised if, within the next few years, someone develops a way for fans to be able to listen into to coaches' calls or other on-field communications at home while blocking it from in-stadium connections, which they would advertise as a way to enhance the game viewing experience without compromising the competitive spirit.
With Twitter, it's really not complicated. A team could have someone running a tweet-chat during a game, interacting with fans and posting relevant information. Televisers can interact with people viewing the game. They already do polls via text messaging, and this can easily be applied to Twitter. Someone will find a way to make use of it. And don't be surprised if a few teams come up with innovating ways of making use of Twitter before, during and after games.

However, a team does something with Twitter during a game, it will be an employee of the team who is not actually participating in the game. You will not have players or coaches tweeting during games.

With Twitter, it's really not complicated. A team could have someone running a tweet-chat during a game, interacting with fans and posting relevant information. Televisers can interact with people viewing the game. They already do polls via text messaging, and this can easily be applied to Twitter. Someone will find a way to make use of it. And don't be surprised if a few teams come up with innovating ways of making use of Twitter before, during and after games.

However, a team does something with Twitter during a game, it will be an employee of the team who is not actually participating in the game. You will not have players or coaches tweeting during games.

That's kind of where I was going with it, and yeah, it's not a bad thing.

BTW, am I the only one who is more annoyed by the people who are annoyed by Ochocinco than he is annoyed by Ochocinco?

I fail to see what is "cool" about this. Stupid, stupid idea. Ochophysco is a head case.

What I would like to see the NFL allow TV fans to hear is on field audio. Especially I would like to hear the QB audio as he comes to the line and up to the snap of the ball. That would be pretty awesome or dare i say "cool."

What I would like to see the NFL allow TV fans to hear is on field audio. Especially I would like to hear the QB audio as he comes to the line and up to the snap of the ball. That would be pretty awesome or dare i say "cool."
I recall a football game where the broadcasting network had four or five separate channels, each corresponding to one camera angle. Don't remember whether is was NFL or college. With HD it should be possible to have multiple audio streams.

I fail to see what is "cool" about this. Stupid, stupid idea. Ochophysco is a head case.

Unless your willing to have a built in delay so they can bleep out all the cussing this won't happen.

Why are people trying to force themselves to hate Chad now? A couple of years ago everyone loved him. He is freakin entertaining, and he got a bad rap last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom