N/S NFL not signing off on Chad Ochocinco's plan to use Twitter during games (1 Viewer)

That would make the game kind of kinky, IMO. Though if the right guy was doing it, I'm sure it could be cool.

Every team the Bengals play should be in favor of it. First of all, Chad Goofball might inadvertently let useful info slip to the other team. Secondly, how much coaching will he be getting between plays if he is Twittering? Wouldn't you want your opponent's star receiver distracting himself with nonsense on the sidelines? I sure would. I'd like to see Jake Delhomme take up Twittering too.

Twittering during a game is about as smart as listening to your iPod while trying to make a 10 foot putt.

If he wants to be stupid, I say let him.

Every team the Bengals play should be in favor of it. First of all, Chad Goofball might inadvertently let useful info slip to the other team. Secondly, how much coaching will he be getting between plays if he is Twittering? Wouldn't you want your opponent's star receiver distracting himself with nonsense on the sidelines? I sure would. I'd like to see Jake Delhomme take up Twittering too.

Twittering during a game is about as smart as listening to your iPod while trying to make a 10 foot putt.

If he wants to be stupid, I say let him.

I think you're overthinking this. I'm sure his messages would be "I'm burning the hell out of so and so." That would take all of 30 seconds to type.

I think an Ocho Cinco that is excited about playing football again is one of the most dangerous WRs in the game. The guy (when motivated) is one of the ones that makes watching football great, at least to me.

More power to him.

/it's a friggen game for christsake. Lighten up Francis(s)

More power to him.

It's not just a game to the owners paying their salaries...as his boss, I'd want his attention on his job 100%, not on his Twitter habit. Even when not on the field, his attention needs to be on his teammates on the field, his coaches, his mental state, and the technicalities and adjustments that are made throughout the game. A 30 second break to Twitter isn't necessary, IMO. Save it for after the game.

More power to him.

But if Payton writes a screenplay or guys party in the off season that's a problem?

I would hope his team would say no to this. It's a bad idea.

It's not just a game to the owners paying their salaries...as his boss, I'd want his attention on his job 100%, not on his Twitter habit. Even when not on the field, his attention needs to be on his teammates on the field, his coaches, his mental state, and the technicalities and adjustments that are made throughout the game. A 30 second break to Twitter isn't necessary, IMO. Save it for after the game.

No, football is a game. There is money in it because it entertains people. If it didn't entertain people nobody would pay and those bosses wouldn't be rich men. Ochocinco, whatever his reasons, is seeking to entertain people. So I'm sticking with what I said. More power to him and perhaps people should lighten up.

i dont know about the NFL, but if i were a coach i surely would not allow my players to post twitter messages during a game. Obviously that player's head would not in the match if his attention is focused on twitter, it is a selfish behavior that disrupts the team.

It is a game, and it's also about entertainment. People aren't entertained when the home team loses because someone was busy Twittering. It could be done without being a distraction, but (1) there's no reason for it, and (2) the owner won't make any more money off of it, so why should the NFL (who reps the owners) allow him to do it? Definitely a business decision.

It is a game, and it's also about entertainment. People aren't entertained when the home team loses because someone was busy Twittering. It could be done without being a distraction, but (1) there's no reason for it, and (2) the owner won't make any more money off of it, so why should the NFL (who reps the owners) allow him to do it? Definitely a business decision.

How would the team lose because he used Twitter once or twice on the sidelines?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom