N/S NFL not signing off on Chad Ochocinco's plan to use Twitter during games (1 Viewer)

How would the team lose because he used Twitter once or twice on the sidelines?

Now is not the time to be entirely rational.

The simple fact is that if it were a guy like Brees that wanted to do this everyone would be fine with it, but since it comes from a guy like Ocho, they assume the worst.

Who is to say that he'd actually be the one typing it.

It's ridiculous to believe the NFL would ever agree to let a player have live internet access during a game, just think of the possibilities.

He should've kept it under the radar and just did it. Its lost its luster now that he's said he'll do it.

I do not care for the tweeting thing. I do not care if someone has cereal in the morning or if they are about to take their next step with their left foot or right foot. That stuff is not important and has no bearing on my life. I can not believe that people actually become "followers" to this crave ( sorry, I am not trying to offend anyone, you do what you want with your life). This is only my OPINION!
As for Ocho-Stinko, that dude just needs to go away. I have never seen someone more desperate for attention. This is just another example of how he is not a team player and he only lives for attention and himself, but hey, what else could we expect from this tool? I hope Shawne Merriman pays him for his comments that he said about Shawne.

How would the team lose because he used Twitter once or twice on the sidelines?

It COULD cause a distraction. The main point isn't that it could cause a loss, the point is that it provides no revenue stream to the owners, and therefore isn't worth the distraction.

Twittering during a game is about as smart as listening to your iPod while trying to make a 10 foot putt.

Hey, I listen to my IPod all the time while playing golf. That way I am not subjected to the language that gets screamed out of my mouth !!!!

Now is not the time to be entirely rational.

The simple fact is that if it were a guy like Brees that wanted to do this everyone would be fine with it, but since it comes from a guy like Ocho, they assume the worst.
Drew Brees is not the kind of guy that would play around on the internet in the middle of a game. thats just disrespectful to the entire team, its selfish and disruptive.

Drew Brees is not the kind of guy that would play around on the internet in the middle of a game. thats just disrespectful to the entire team, its selfish and disruptive.

Bullcrap. If Brees did it, you'd be praising him for trying to "stay in touch with the fans" or something similar. It takes less than 10 seconds to send a fricking tweet. If he's doing it in the huddle, there's a problem...but if he's doing it on the sidelines instead of chatting up a teammate? Who gives a damn?

Just as well, it would be the same info over and over anyway:

Look at me
Look at me
Look at me
Look at me

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I just don't see the fascination with the whole Twitter thing. First, I am not a guy who wants to know the mundane details of other's lives. Why people would be interested in every detail that happens in someone's life just escapes me.

This is just my opinion, of course.

I certainly would not be checking my Twitter friends for updates during a game. Of course, you won't find me on the gameday boards on SR during a game either. I tried it once, but not my thing. I was too worried about reading comments and making comments that the game passed me by.

To make a long story even longer, I get to my point. Twitter has its place, but it shouldn't be on the field. If I'm a coach, you better be reviewing your plays or checking opponent schemes, etc., while you're on the bench - not on your cell phone texting away. No different than at work. You're paid to be doing a job, but my employees aren't allowed to carry their cell phones and be texting while they are on duty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom