N/S NFL To Investigate Carolina Over Response To Newton Hits (Fines Possible) (1 Viewer)

Matt Laur had a sit down with Rodger Goodell, and he asked him if anyone had been fired for last years mishap with Case Keenum, and Rodger said "No, we reviewed our protocol, and tightened things up." So I wonder if anyone will be getting fired after the Cam Newton debacle. If the NFL wants to be taken seriously heads need to roll, however seeing as how disasters such as the recent VW case, BP Oil Spills, and others are essentially blamed on low level analysts and interns, I see the NFL firing a ticket taker and considering it done.

My understanding is that the NFL has its own doctors at each game to watch for possible concussions. If true shouldn't the NFL be investing itself?

My understanding is that the NFL has its own doctors at each game to watch for possible concussions. If true shouldn't the NFL be investing itself?

Protect the shield.

NFL to investigate response to big hit on Panthers QB Cam Newton | The Charlotte Observer

The Penalties include:
1.) Remedial education for club officials or medical team members and/or a $150,000 maximum fine against the club for a first violation.
2.) A $100,000 minimum fine against the club for any subsequent violations.
3.) Loss of draft picks and additional fines against the club if the commissioner determines the club’s medical team failed to follow the protocol due to competitive considerations.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who is found responsible for letting this happen should be thrown in jail for endangering the lives and careers of these players.

Maybe it was just the camera angle, but Mike Tolbert looked like he got knocked out & went stiff (therefore concussed) for a moment on that hit when he got driven back. Did anyone else notice?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom