N/S Northcutt anyone? (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Browns | Northcutt's time with team nearing an end?

Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:21:30 -0800

Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns WR Dennis Northcutt is eligible to become a free agent after this season and his role with the team has been limited to punt returner. "I'm a fourth receiver/punt returner. We really don't run four receiver sets, so I'm a punt returner for the Cleveland Browns," said Northcutt. He claims head coach Romeo Crennel told him the coaching staff does not see him as a wide receiver. "I was told by (coach) Romeo (Crennel) that the offensive coaches said I was too small. They feel like they want bigger receivers. [WR] Josh Cribbs is the same size as me, but it's OK."

Would be a good pickup if he's not too expensive. He can return kicks and he's a good receiver... I still remember that hail mary he caught on us a few years back... man that hurts... but this situation is crazy though ain' it?

fr3sh

A $ A P
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yea I remember the game we had verse the Browns a while back. He tore us up. I think he got a touchdown on a reverse too.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Northcutt is smoking fast. Can you imagine him, Henderson, Colston & Horn in 4 wide receiver sets? (Throw Bush in the mix as well)Wow!

Danchrism

Reaction score
Josh Cribbs is 6'1" 192

Northcutt is 5'11" 171

yeah, same size...

I dunno, I've pretty much never cared for this guy. We have enough middling but fast receivers.

GermanSaint

Reaction score
northcutt is a henderson without the super-speed , but his returning abilities are a lot better , the problem is , we havent a need on returner . lewis , stecker , jones , bush , henderson all these guys can return kicks.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
northcutt is a henderson without the super-speed , but his returning abilities are a lot better , the problem is , we havent a need on returner . lewis , stecker , jones , bush , henderson all these guys can return kicks.
Northcutt is just as fast and Henderson. They both run a 4.4 forty.

Henderson doesn't have "super-speed". Yes hes fast but hes not as fast as Stallworth was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom