N/S: Not a fan of Haslett, but he's getting the ***** on this one! (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
As long as he continues to coach well he likely will get signed again.

The No Fun League has voided the remaining contract for Jim Haslett. Seems as though they had an automatic hiring clause if he won 6 or more this year.

The voiding has "good intentions" (the Rooney clause for hiring minorities), but it's a bad idea in this case.

See what you think (...article isn't that long).

Link: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comme...fulltime-as-league-voids-contract-164834.html

:gosaints:

Boy, the guy can't win for losing. (or win for winning in this case.)

Clearly the league decided the Rams had lost their minds with offering Haz the job.

They are just saving the Rams from their moments of temporary insanity.

Its a good thing.

ddd

the NFL is out thinking itself; the Rooney clause was for coaching vacancies open in the off season. i dont understand how they can expect someone to give interviews for a job and get ready for the coming weeks game.

I dont like being racial especially in public because it give credibility to racial things that sometimes should not get it but I will make an exception here. While I do understand that minority coaches are just as good why would it be racism to not interview any white guys but is racest to not interview a minority or whatever the stupid rule says . I never was a Haslet fan but he had a good deal for the organization here... win 6 games and get the fans excited about the future and your the guy. Instead the NFL steps in and says this garbage!!! Just Dumb IMO!!! The NFL is getting out of control with this crap!!!

I actually think it works out better for him.

They can't give him the job as a bonus for winning 6 games so I guess that means they will have to pay him the cash.

Win six games or more and with his resume, doesn't matter for the most part who the other candidates are, the job is as good as his. Rooney rule or not.

So this way he gets the cash AND the job.

I reckon he won't be too disappointed with the ruling.

I dont like being racial especially in public because it give credibility to racial things that sometimes should not get it but I will make an exception here. While I do understand that minority coaches are just as good why would it be racism to not interview any white guys but is racest to not interview a minority or whatever the stupid rule says . I never was a Haslet fan but he had a good deal for the organization here... win 6 games and get the fans excited about the future and your the guy. Instead the NFL steps in and says this garbage!!! Just Dumb IMO!!! The NFL is getting out of control with this crap!!!

I am nonplussed by this post. Where was race involved with this at all?

The Rooney Rule is ridiculous. It makes a sham out of interviews. Owners should be able to hire who they want and the most qualified for the position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom