N/S Not making this up... Winston gets LASIK to repair vision. (1 Viewer)

Besides the obvious...how is his vision gonna be any different than when he wore contacts (which I assume he wore.)

Just curious, why can't you get LASIK? I heard they can even do it if you have astigmatism now.

Some people can't get it when they get older because of how thin their cornea gets...which is the case with me.

I have worn glasses and contacts since i was in the 3rd grade, so for over 35 yrs now.. For a long time, I couldn’t wear contacts because i have an astigmatism, and the only available option were hard plastic lenses, which hurt like hell to wear.. i hated, hated my glasses, so when LASIK became a thing circa 20 yrs ago, i thought seriously about getting it.. but over the years, though most people i know who’ve had it say it’s the best money theyve ever spent- I’ve also met a few who had their eyes seriously messed up.. I’ve even read about people who committed suicide b/c LASIK made their lives a painful miserable hell (Google it).. So now that i’m able to wear contacts, I’m going to stick with them b/c while the odds are that LASIK will be a success, i dont want to be part of the minority of people where it goes wrong.. Just a personal choice, your mileage may vary.

I have worn glasses and contacts since i was in the 3rd grade, so for over 35 yrs now.. For a long time, I couldn’t wear contacts because i have an astigmatism, and the only available option were hard plastic lenses, which hurt like hell to wear.. i hated, hated my glasses, so when LASIK became a thing circa 20 yrs ago, i thought seriously about getting it.. but over the years, though most people i know who’ve had it say it’s the best money theyve ever spent- I’ve also met a few who had their eyes seriously messed up.. I’ve even read about people who committed suicide b/c LASIK made their lives a painful miserable hell (Google it).. So now that i’m able to wear contacts, I’m going to stick with them b/c while the odds are that LASIK will be a success, i dont want to be part of the minority of people where it goes wrong.. Just a personal choice, your mileage may vary.

Ive heard stories of where people cant drive at night anymore. lights just blind them. Its like a spectrum of colors blasting your eyes....that scares me. That one reason I don't even care to get it anymore. soft contacts are fine for me...

As much of you joke, my eyesight wasn't very bad, but still needed glasses and I could play sports fairly decent. I played sports without glasses.

After LASIK, what a difference I saw in my vision. Colors stood out the most as well as sharper images. My vision also improved to 20/10 which they only guaranteed me 20/15 vision. For sports, I play tennis and baseball and I could focus a lot more on the balls and hit a lot better. I'm sure for football, it can make a slight improvement, but it still depends on his arm in the long run.

It made a big difference for me so I'm sure it may help him as well.

Does LASIK help with color blindness? He's always throwing to the wrong color jersey.

I was told my astigmatism was so bad before I couldn't get it. it may have changed I don't know....I really don't care anymore though. I wanted it when I was younger, 47 now...
It's really cheap now compared to what it used to be so you may want to look into it if you want to have normal eyes.

Wins a Heisman and a nat’l title in college ball with bad eyes, but can’t avoid umpteen picks in the NFL without Lasik. Something doesn’t add up :)

I had Lasik 16 years ago and my vision improved mightily, but I’m not trying to play QB in the NFL, though.
I would be terrified to have that surgery.
The only way I can use eye drops is by putting them in the corner of my eye haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom