N/S - Now Brady thinks he's FDR (1 Viewer)

My Brady Theory:

He's got enough Super Bowl wins that his legacy as a winner is maxed out. He could go 16-0 with Tampa or 0-16 and it won't affect his winning legacy.

But he *really cares* about retiring with the all-time passing yards and TDs records. Whoever has those records out of the Manning/Brady/Brees generation will hold those records for a while. Eventually Mahomes or Burrow or Minshew II will end up passing them. But that's a generation away.

But, of course, it conflicts with his "all Brady cares about is winning" image to admit that he cares as much as he does about his individual numbers. So he can't be open about it.

So here's my conspiracy theory. Brady and the Bucs have entered into a marriage of convenience. Brady signs with the Bucs (and convinces Gronkowisk to come along), and the team sells a bunch more tickets and jerseys. In exchange, Arians has promised Brady that he'll let him just chuck it up all day. Wins and losses don't really matter. The sole focus of the Bucs offense will be getting Brady the records.

If this season is cancelled, all that goes away. He care more about the records than about health and safety.
Wow! You threw Menshew in there. I like the guy but seriously?

And if I am granting that your question is fair, you also have to concede this question as being fair: might Drew's numbers be even better if his defenses forced more turnovers and gave him more possessions? Might his numbers be better if his defenses didn't allow the opposing offense to walk the ball down the field all game and burn up time of possession? Might Drew have far less interceptions and more TD's and points if he didn't have to force footballs in a desperate attempt to keep up on the scoreboard, KNOWING that most of his defenses were going to bleed points on the other side?

Great post and I found this part particularly fascinating. I've heard a lot of people talk about Drew's numbers being inflated due to piling up stats playing in shootouts with bad defenses. And it's true I guess but you present the flip side of the coin.

We've seen QBs put up eye popping numbers playing with good to great defenses. Peyton Manning had a few great statistical seasons with the Broncos and their defense. Most of those Colts teams had good to great defenses under Tony Dungy. The one year that the Colts had a flat out terrible defense was 2001. Manning went 6-10 and posted his third worst QB Rating behind only his rookie season and his last season. His Int percentage that year was 4.2%. To put that number in perspective Brees' highest Int percentage was 3.3% in 2010. That's the only time he went above 3% in NO.

Brees has put up insane numbers with historically bad defenses but he's put up insane numbers with really good defenses. He's gone over 5,000 yards with the #32 defense. He's gone over 5,000 yards with the #4 defense. He has been remarkably consistent considering his defenses have been all over the map.

I think he is a grown man and he shouldn’t care what we think.
It would really be nice if more people think like that. I’ve always thought that what I do is nobody’s business but mine. I also don’t want to stick my nose into anyone else‘s business and won’t unless I’m asked to. If Brady wants to go out and practice with some of his teammates then do it and the same goes for Drew.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom