N/S - Now Brady thinks he's FDR (1 Viewer)

Cincy Saint

The Original
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
With all the concerns on the SSF about players' statements and actions, I thought it would be fun to pile some hate on the new kid in the NFCS, Tom Brady.

He is openly defying the NFL, NFLPA, and every public health expert in the US by continuing to put his family and his teammates at risk by practicing. Today he quoted FDR on IG "Only thing we have to fear, is fear itself," ignoring the 121,809 deaths (as of today) of US citizens. Brady may be more obsessed than even Jordan as now he is putting the health of others over his need to succeed at sports and prove he can win without Belacheat.

I've always hated the "pretty boy" because he gets SO much credit for SB wins that were supported by very good defensive teams. (I'm not saying he's not a great QB). The primetime game when the Saints crushed the Pats at the Dome is my favorite Saints' regular season game of all time.

So let's hear it...what do you think about Brady?

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
Yep, it's like drunk driving. My body, my booze, my car.

This line of thinking is why we wont have football this year.
"Protect yourself at all times".

You can prevent ever having COVID-19 if you really want to eliminate all risk. It's possible. It's also possible to avoid being killed by a drunk driver, or being killed in a plane crash, or being killed during a drug deal. Everyone should be aware of the risks around them and measure their steps accordingly, understanding that you will never be able to convince everyone to think the way you think or make the decisions you would make.

That's life...

Pocket Hercules

Always Locked In
Reaction score
to varying degrees all of our decisions have an impact on those around us
Yep, and believe it or not, some decision you have made somewhere during the course of your life has been detrimental and/or devastating to someone else, probably to someone you care about. Feel free to go right ahead and step down from the pulpit anytime now.

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I love that he is saying not to have fear. Just from what I'm seeing , it seems like everyone in the US is afraid of their own shadow. I know growing up, had mom and dad had to close their businesses for 2-3 months, we would have been bankrupt. This would have snowballed into 7-8 people losing their jobs, we wouild have lost our house too, and then we would have had to go on welfare. Should never have shut down the economy,

Mad Max2

All-Pro
Reaction score
I love that he is saying not to have fear. Just from what I'm seeing , it seems like everyone in the US is afraid of their own shadow. I know growing up, had mom and dad had to close their businesses for 2-3 months, we would have been bankrupt. This would have snowballed into 7-8 people losing their jobs, we wouild have lost our house too, and then we would have had to go on welfare. Should never have shut down the economy,
I agree with most of your perspective on this. As a business owner myself, people can't comprehend what the last 3 months were like. For most of us, the struggle to get there was real. Most of us weren't given a business. Most of us employ people. We have livelihoods and families dependent on us. Many of us made moral over business decisions. We kept people employed who were forced not to work during the lockdown. Nothing like looking at your bank account and revenue weekly wondering how long you can make it before having to let people go. The risk of losing everything you worked for in an instant was very real, but some will never comprehend it. I digress. I am not sure I see the big difference between Brady and Brees working out. I may need to research the CDC guidelines for what is acceptable during this phase for NFL QBs throwing a football around during this time, which is what every single QB in the NFL is doing right now whether you see video of it or not.

OldSaintFan

USM Golden Eagles
Reaction score
"Brady, your balls are the only balls I need. My end zone is where I want you to be." I nearly lost it. IDK if that's a gag or a really messed up fan who thought he'd make a killer ballad about Brady but it is funny as hell. At first, I didn't think I could listen more than 30 seconds. Then I realized it was almost over.
Who wrote that ? Elton J.?

panther17

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Then roughly 95% of football fans are uneducated, according to you.

End of the day the only people that are going to put Drew Brees in the same class as Tom Brady are Saints fans. It is what it is.
Depends on what class your talking about. Pick one player to be the greatest of all time? It's Brady. He has the stats, wins, and SB. Pick players to be in a top 10 of all time? Brady and Brees is in mine.

Last edited:

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what class your talking about. Pick one player to be the greatest of all time? It's Brady. He has the stats, wins, and SB. Pick players to be in a top 10 of all time? Brady and Brees is in mine.
Couldn't agree with you more but Brady is on a tier of his own as the undisputed best QB ever. Brees is top 10 no matter who is making the list and top 5 if you're a sane non-Falcons fan making the list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom