N/S Oakland's extra (9th) home game of the season is a playoff clincher (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Yes you read the thread title right, this was a flat out home game for the Raiders. ESPN was reporting that about 80% of the attendance in San Diego was Raiders fans. That is just a crazy number! Even the Chargers were getting ready for it, they practiced with pumped in crowd noise and used a silent count the whole game. I would have liked to see this scene in person. Like how well did the home fan pump up videos and stuff go lol.

The Chargers era in San Diego is coming to an end. Also if they move to Los Angeles then the Raiders will still have a 9th home game because that's where most of the 80% from today drove in from. Now maybe both teams leave their current city. But Raiders will still have a 9th home game in L.A. regardless.

#RaiderNation

Oakland holds off San Diego Chargers in Raiders' takeover of Qualcomm - San Diego Chargers Blog- ESPN

Hosting the Oakland Raiders in what could be the AFC West rivals’ final matchup at Qualcomm Stadium, the Chargers had a “home” in name only.

Raiders fans flooded the facility, as many Chargers fans frustrated with the state of the team and its potential move to Los Angeles stayed away and sold their tickets.

Roughly 80 percent of the announced crowd of 68,352 -- the largest crowd at Qualcomm this season -- appeared to be clad in silver and black. The Chargers were enthusiastically booed when they took the field before kickoff.

The crowd was so tilted in Oakland’s favor that the Chargers did not announce the team’s starting lineup.

Last edited:
The Raiders finally make the playoffs and they're going to Vegas the next.

I remember Saints/Chargers game earlier this year and it seemed like the majority of the stadium were Saints fans. The city has checked out on the franchise.

I remember Saints/Chargers game earlier this year and it seemed like the majority of the stadium were Saints fans. The city has checked out on the franchise.

Yea I'd say we had almost 50% of the crowd. But 80% is crazy! Just think about it, we didn't have 80% of the crowd in the Dome vs Oakland. They came all the way to Nola in full force and had at least 20%

Yea I'd say we had almost 50% of the crowd. But 80% is crazy! Just think about it, we didn't have 80% of the crowd in the Dome vs Oakland. They came all the way to Nola in full force and had at least 20%

Spanos poisoned the fan base for about a decade. There's hardly anyone left. He's basically forcing the city to move so the Chargers can be CBS's LA team.

Actually, they only had 8 home games because they only had 7 home games in Oakland. They were the designated home team in Mexico City.

Well you considered the San Diego game a home game, point proven lol :9: They still had a majority of the crowd in Mexico too. I know San Diego and Mexico isn't Oakland but going off of crowd numbers.

CBS picked up the last 2 minutes of the game before 60 Minutes. It was crazy to see. Check your DVR IF you auto record prime time programming like Dish Network does. If the game ran long it will be on there (I didn't note the time).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom