N/S Off Season Check-In (1 Viewer)

USAF HART

Best Falcons Fan On SR
Reaction score
Morning all..

Just checking in for the fun off-season. Looking forward to all the player movement and draft. Speaking of drafts.. Rugger, when will we get the word on the annual "expert" draft? I need to start brushing up on the available guys out there and see what needs the Falcons will have to fill. I know one thing is for sure, we need to find a way to stop the TE passing game especially with Coach SP coming back next year. he's probably salivating at the mouth thinking of creative ways to get Graham behind our linebackers in the open field (which obviously wasn't hard to do in the playoffs).

Has Rob Ryan been officially named the DC of the Saints? I hope he gets named soon, because as a Georgia Bulldog fan, I really don't want to lose all the defensive guys to the NFL AND our Defensive Coordinator in the same year. that would just be absolutely disastrous. Anyways, i'm here to answer any questions about the Falcons if y'all have any. Looking forward to the start of the season already. It's going to be another great season of battling for the top spot in the NFC South. :beerchug:

Thanks Belfast. Did anyone from here go to the big game in the Dome? How was the atmosphere? What was the crowd reaction when the lights went out? I assume everyone just sort of said F it, and started drinking haha

Greetings.

Has Rob Ryan been officially named the DC of the Saints? I hope he gets named soon, because as a Georgia Bulldog fan, I really don't want to lose all the defensive guys to the NFL AND our Defensive Coordinator in the same year. that would just be absolutely disastrous. Anyways, i'm here to answer any questions about the Falcons if y'all have any. Looking forward to the start of the season already. It's going to be another great season of battling for the top spot in the NFC South.

No, not yet. Grantham is scheduled to interview today, Ryan tomorrow. The speculation by the "experts" is that Ryan is the front runner, but Sean even said yesterday that he is still also waiting on permission to speak to a current asst. from another team and said that may not come till next week. He gave no indication to the team or coach as to who it might be. Some here have speculated Baltimore since SF already nixed permission for us to talk to Donatell and it's believed they would do the same if we asked to speak to another one of their assts.

Welcome back, Hart!

I think the Draft usually kicks off in Late March or Early April after most of the free agents have been signed and after the combine and major pro days have all taken place. I want to be sorry about what happened to you guys this year, and if I were capable it would definitely be because of you.

I do have a few questions:

--How are you guys planning on replacing Tony Gonzales? By committee or is there a player that you think that you will be targeting in the draft?
--Is Atlanta considering bringing in Competition for Matt Ryan?
--Has anything been said about how ATL will prepare for the return of Sean Payton?

Welcome back, Hart!

I think the Draft usually kicks off in Late March or Early April after most of the free agents have been signed and after the combine and major pro days have all taken place. I want to be sorry about what happened to you guys this year, and if I were capable it would definitely be because of you.

I do have a few questions:

--How are you guys planning on replacing Tony Gonzales? By committee or is there a player that you think that you will be targeting in the draft?
--Is Atlanta considering bringing in Competition for Matt Ryan?
--Has anything been said about how ATL will prepare for the return of Sean Payton?

- haha, no need to be sorry for us. We lost that game on our own. Yea, the play at the end of the game where Roddy was clearly interfered with sucked, but we shouldn't have even let it get to that point. We had a big enough lead, but decided that defense wasn't important enough to play. Also, I don't know why we let Julio dissapeared. The man had 150 yards and 2 TDs in the first quarter. He was clearly the best player on the field for us at the time, but we stopped going to him. Completely baffling to me to be honest.

- Tony Gonzalez hasn't actually retired yet. He's still mulling it, and the Falcons are still pressing to get him to come back. He's undoubtedly the greatest TE of all time, but he was really only valuable in the passing game. It's my opinion that we could pretty much get a pass catching TE that can gain a bit of seperation with a LB and we wouldn't miss too much. Get enough production out of the TE position, and he will command a double team regardless of who he is. The team I think is too focused on getting Tony to come back to really be focusing elsewhere at the moment so I have no answer as to if we are looking to FA or the draft for his replacement.

- Matt Ryan will be the starter for the next 5-6 years barring an injury. He's a great QB and he is making strides every year. I don't think he really needs to be pushed. He just isn't that outspoken kind of guy. He pushes praise off on others and accepts all the criticism. He finally won his first playoff game, and was a few yard short of going to the superbowl. Unless they are Vick fans, or trolls I believe the management and city of Atlanta believe in Matt Ryan.

- There is still no word on our preparation for SP's return. I'm sure they will be focusing more on stopping the offense (which should be their main focus for every opponent lol).

Yea, I did a search on it here and didn't see any pics other than the one of him sleeping. It definitely looks like him. But hey, would you blame the guy even if he was looking here? There are so many fans out there that get up to the minute news from inside sources that they want to break the news first about. somebody is following somebody who knows somebody that has a twitter account that breaks the news first.

Look at NSD (National Signing Day)... people knew where kids were signing before the actual live news conference because of twitter. It would be dumb of him to not at least browse SR for info.

As they say....keep your friends close.....but your enemies even closer...I wouldn't be surprised if Dimitroff is posting here on this forum. LOL!

I wouldn't be surprised either. The information technology age has allowed fans to get information faster than the major sporting companies. I've seen plenty of stories broken on messageboards well before they broke on ESPN or SI

hey Oui...how ya been? I never know when the right time to come here during the season is. I'm a Falcons fan, and even though I don't come here thumping my chest over our Success (regular season of course :angryrazz:) I don't want to be labeled a troll and all that. So I figured I could at least come here during the off-season to discuss happenings with our teams and what not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom