N/S Ogden to probably retire (1 Viewer)

JethrO

Down the road
Reaction score
Ogden told Baltimore to prepare for the season as if he wouldnt be there. That makes LT a need for them. Maybe they will go after Clady and leave Ellis for us.

mark1

Who Dat?
Reaction score
good. anything that ensures clady isnt on our team

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
Baltimore was already looking for O-line. Ogden had a bad year of injuries last year and it showed in the QB protection. He may have been on the field in some games, but he wasn't 100%, that's for sure. Maybe him retiring will make them go for it harder, but I don't think him retiring or not has an effect on whether they are looking O-line. They are.

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
This is good news for us... This greatly increases the chances of Baltimore trading out of their slot (w/ us if we're interested), or being forced into grabbing their OT at #8 (Chris Williams or Jeff Otah).

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And the Matt Ryan slide begins.

mark1

Who Dat?
Reaction score
Clady is going to be a bookend LT for 10 years in the NFL... Why wouldn't we want him.

because i dont think he is that good. plus we already have a LT who has made the probowl.

Jeremy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We have a super-star right tackle playing left tackle. Clady would be an excellent pick for us. Stinchcomb is not the future for us.

That being said, I'm on the Sedrick Ellis bandwagon.

Pickz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm still on the DRC bandwagon... I think ESPN First Take Mock Draft will be similar to the real draft because they have reporters from each team city and they have Ellis and Dorsey going in the top 5...

Bee Rad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Good, then they won't mine switching places with us. We get Ellis and they get their tackle at 10.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Cincy, ATL and Oakland are the teams that could very well take the "Big 2"... barring another team jumping way up there to get them... we should be able to take Ellis because I doubt Glen D makes it out of the top 5.

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I wouldn't pencil them in for Ryan Clady just yet. The Ravens picked up Jared Gaither from Maryland in last year's supplemental draft, and they believe he can step in for Ogden after he retires.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Don't be shocked if Ogden thinks about retiring until he decides he wants to play the day after training camp ends. It certainly wouldn't be the first or last time it happened with an older, established linemen. Walter Jones did it for years, Strahan did it last year and several other have done it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom