N/S Ogden to probably retire (1 Viewer)

JethrO

Down the road
Reaction score
Ogden told Baltimore to prepare for the season as if he wouldnt be there. That makes LT a need for them. Maybe they will go after Clady and leave Ellis for us.

good. anything that ensures clady isnt on our team

Baltimore was already looking for O-line. Ogden had a bad year of injuries last year and it showed in the QB protection. He may have been on the field in some games, but he wasn't 100%, that's for sure. Maybe him retiring will make them go for it harder, but I don't think him retiring or not has an effect on whether they are looking O-line. They are.

This is good news for us... This greatly increases the chances of Baltimore trading out of their slot (w/ us if we're interested), or being forced into grabbing their OT at #8 (Chris Williams or Jeff Otah).

We have a super-star right tackle playing left tackle. Clady would be an excellent pick for us. Stinchcomb is not the future for us.

That being said, I'm on the Sedrick Ellis bandwagon.

I'm still on the DRC bandwagon... I think ESPN First Take Mock Draft will be similar to the real draft because they have reporters from each team city and they have Ellis and Dorsey going in the top 5...

Cincy, ATL and Oakland are the teams that could very well take the "Big 2"... barring another team jumping way up there to get them... we should be able to take Ellis because I doubt Glen D makes it out of the top 5.

I wouldn't pencil them in for Ryan Clady just yet. The Ravens picked up Jared Gaither from Maryland in last year's supplemental draft, and they believe he can step in for Ogden after he retires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom