N/S Oklahoma State WR Bryant ineligible (1 Viewer)

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All-America wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible by Oklahoma State for an improper interaction with a former NFL player.

Bryant said Wednesday in a statement released by the university that he "made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA." He also apologized to his teammates, coaches, fans and the NCAA.

A top NFL prospect, Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns. He has 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns this season, but sat out Oklahoma State's last game against Grambling State.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_t25_oklahoma_st_bryant_ineligible_1

How far will he drop because of this?

Wow! Deion strikes again?

I don't think he drops unless there are concerns about signability (ie Crabtree).

All-America wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible by Oklahoma State for an improper interaction with a former NFL player.

Bryant said Wednesday in a statement released by the university that he "made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA." He also apologized to his teammates, coaches, fans and the NCAA.

A top NFL prospect, Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns. He has 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns this season, but sat out Oklahoma State's last game against Grambling State.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_t25_oklahoma_st_bryant_ineligible_1

How far will he drop because of this?

Not far. He was outstanding last year, has been great this year, he's still the same quality of player he was before. Obviously his combine performance and workouts take on increased importance, but the only thing I see causing him to slip significantly would be if he signed Eugene Parker as his agent.

Seems likely right? And with the whole sordid Deion/Eugene Parker/Crabtree triangle still not fully resolved (tampering charges, which Deion is party too, still stand) Bryant better find an agent other then Parker.

Who was he 'improper' with?? plus it won't be all the way to our pick at 32...:cool:

He is an absolute beast, I suspect he is the best WR in the draft so he is definitely a top 20 pick regardless.

I think the Saints should spend their first couple of picks on getting some more depth on the defensive line. The WR position is pretty rediculous for the Saints imo, the Saints will probably be better served using those picks on players in areas of need and not areas of want.

I think the Saints should spend their first couple of picks on getting some more depth on the defensive line. The WR position is pretty rediculous for the Saints imo, the Saints will probably be better served using those picks on players in areas of need and not areas of want.
Agreed. The last thing we need is a WR. We've got Arrington on PS too remember. I would think one of those 3-4 DE/OLB monsters would be great to have for GW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom