N/S Oklahoma State WR Bryant ineligible (1 Viewer)

Seems likely right? And with the whole sordid Deion/Eugene Parker/Crabtree triangle still not fully resolved (tampering charges, which Deion is party too, still stand) Bryant better find an agent other then Parker.

Here's the thing though - if the NCAA is taking action on Bryant, and the player is Deion, the league is going to have address this with Deion with possible sanctions of some sort. If what the league knows is actually worse than what we do, Deion could be disassociated with the league. That would mean he couldn't work for NFLN anymore, or, I don't think, any of the other networks that have contractual rights with the NFL including the networks and ESPN.

I doubt that would happen, but I don't think the league will just let it go if Deion was involved, particularly because of the Crabtree concerns. And if what is alleged is what's going on, Deion needs to be sanctioned. You can't do that - it's bad for a host of reasons.

I don't see what the NFL could do to Deon. He's not violating any NFL rules just as agent contact with a junior player doesn't violate any NFL rules. I really don't think you can legislate these kids lives in college. If Deon wants to take interest in college athletes without favoring a particular program than that should be his right.

"Bryant, an All-American who is ranked ninth overall on Mel Kiper Jr.'s most recent Big Board, was ruled ineligible by the school after lying to the NCAA when he was asked if he had visited Deion Sanders' home and had worked out with him. "

I don't see what the NFL could do to Deon. He's not violating any NFL rules just as agent contact with a junior player doesn't violate any NFL rules. I really don't think you can legislate these kids lives in college. If Deon wants to take interest in college athletes without favoring a particular program than that should be his right.

Communicating to a player who is in negotiations with the team that drafted him that another team would pay him more is very problematic. It's interference with the draft system established and agreed by the owners, and the league isn't likely to take that kindly.

Though talking with Bryant may not be problematic itself, the league may see it as Deion's cultivating relationships with a lack of judgment about the league's interests. He's an employee of the NFL - they have a basis to raise it with him directly.

LMAO that two people immediately said Deion... that dude is killing careers.

My first thought before I scrolled down to see the reaction.

Edit: After googling and getting specifics
Deion Sander is a leach who can't except the fact that he "USED" to be in the league. That Prime U crap is a joke. He is just a hanger on who associates his self with young or popular players to keep his name in the media.

I am sure the Roger will be having a talk with him. Anyone notice he dropped or hinted at the Crabtree story Sunday night on NFLN?

Last edited:
Fire him, for one

And I suspect that they have contractual rights with the networks and ESPN (b/c they have broadcasting rights) that allow them some influence on the content.

(Again, I don't think it will go there, but it could if he's doing stuff he shouldn't be doing in the eyes of the league.)

Well Deion Sanders is associated with agent Eugene parker. Deion also said their were two teams willing to pay Crabtree more money than 49'ers. Crabtree is represented by agent Eugene Parker, So it appears Deion is being fed info by Eugene Parker.

Now this Dez White incident has Deion Sanders in the middle of: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/sports/ncaafootball/08bryant.html?_r=1

Deion Sanders: “The kid panicked, man,” Sanders said. “He panicked. He thought it was a violation to come over to my house and it isn’t. He said no, that he hadn’t been over here, and I said, yeah, he had been over here. I don’t lie and he panicked.”

Could it be possible Deion Sanders is behind the scenes steering top prospects to agent Eugene Parker?

All I know is that OK STATE is going to get rocked at Kyle Field this Saturday!!!!!!!!!

Here's the thing though - if the NCAA is taking action on Bryant, and the player is Deion, the league is going to have address this with Deion with possible sanctions of some sort. If what the league knows is actually worse than what we do, Deion could be disassociated with the league. That would mean he couldn't work for NFLN anymore, or, I don't think, any of the other networks that have contractual rights with the NFL including the networks and ESPN.

I doubt that would happen, but I don't think the league will just let it go if Deion was involved, particularly because of the Crabtree concerns. And if what is alleged is what's going on, Deion needs to be sanctioned. You can't do that - it's bad for a host of reasons.
Is Deon getting kickbacks from agents to push these kids in one direction or another?

Well Deion Sanders is associated with agent Eugene parker. Deion also said their were two teams willing to pay Crabtree more money than 49'ers. Crabtree is represented by agent Eugene Parker, So it appears Deion is being fed info by Eugene Parker.

Now this Dez White incident has Deion Sanders in the middle of: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/08/sports/ncaafootball/08bryant.html?_r=1

Deion Sanders: “The kid panicked, man,” Sanders said. “He panicked. He thought it was a violation to come over to my house and it isn’t. He said no, that he hadn’t been over here, and I said, yeah, he had been over here. I don’t lie and he panicked.”

Could it be possible Deion Sanders is behind the scenes steering top prospects to agent Eugene Parker?
That's my question.

They call that "kickback".

Is Deon getting kickbacks from agents to push these kids in one direction or another?

That's at the top of the questions I think the NFL would be concerned about.

That's my question.

They call that "kickback".

If he's being paid it is called a kickback. (Or a finder's fee, etc). But even if he isn't being paid, it can still be an issue.

Last edited:
wasnt there a story about Dez "borrowing" Neon's car to go to the airport? or somehting?

That was Noel Devine. He visited sanders while in high school during his senior season. At the time, Sanders was a mentor to Devine. Both attended the same high school. Noel took his suv to the airport and flew back to florida without telling anybody. Noel made his own decision and chose wvu. Many believed Sanders was pushing him to attend FSU. The kid got out of Florida and out from Sanders claws........best decision he ever made. He's a beast for the eers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom