N/S Or Not: Who Will Be The Surprise Termination? (1 Viewer)

Who Will Be The Surprise Coach Let Go?

• John Harbaugh (Ravens)

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Sean Payton (Saints)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Ron Rivera (Panthers)

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Other.....

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

St. Anger

Guaranteed A Red Thumb
Reaction score
As with the close of every year, coaches lose jobs, teams get overhauled and players land in new spots. And of course, coaches are always the first to go. We've seen two fired already in Jeff Fisher and Gus Bradley.

I would have to believe that Mike McCoy (Chargers), Todd Bowles (Jets) and Rex Ryan (Bills) are pretty solid firings as well come January 2nd. Then there are the speculations like Chip Kelly (49ers), Hue Jackson (Browns), Chuck Pagano (Colts) and Marvin Lewis (Bengals) that pop up in conversations.

My question is what "out of the blue" firing/let go do we think could happen? There seems to be always one that is a head scratcher.

Thoughts?

The Lions will lose to GB and Caldwell gets fired due to the late season collapse.

If the Bears fire Fox they would be crazy. They need to completely gut most of the players there, but Fox isn't the problem. Marvin Lewis for some reason will stay. Chargers coach I could see gone easily, it's just with all the turmoil around that team right now will Spanos want to create more issues? San Fran, with PSL sales, and all the cash flowing in from that stadium won't let Kelly go. In the end, the family that runs the 49ers care more about the bottom line than winning. Notice how the team only got good long enough to get the stadium financed and built. As soon as it was certain, bye bye Harbaugh and a whole bunch of players left.

I would say if Detroit doesn't amount to something in the playoffs their coach is gone. I also can't see how the colts don't get a new coach. That team has been a poorly coached disaster the last couple of years.

I had thought about him as well but he may get a pass due to Teddy Bridgwater's injury.

I'm wondering if he has lost the locker room though. B/c I read an article where the defensive backs ignored the gameplan and just did whatever they wanted out there.

I would say Zimmer. He was on the verge to being coach of the year. But still shaking my head of them giving up a first round for Sam Bradford.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom