N/S: Overtime In The XFL Will Be A 2-Point Shootout With 44 Players On The Field (1 Viewer)

It will be like a soccer shoot out with both teams offense and defense on the end of each side of the field.
Ok, this clears things up for me. I read the article thinking that both teams' offense and defense would be on the same end of the field together - not on opposite sides of the field playing against each other at the same time. I was really expecting some kind of battle royale. This is kinda meh compared to what I was contemplating lol.

So I wonder if there's going to be allowances for substitutions or if you're just stuck with whatever 11 (on both O and D) you roll out there to start overtime.

At different ends of the field at the same time trying 2pt conversions
Did anyone read the article?

At different ends of the field at the same time trying 2pt conversions
Did anyone read the article?
Yeah, and it's really poorly explained. I only quoted the article and was still confused. They could have been much clearer about it. They're overdoing the fact that there's going to be 44 PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AT THE SAME TIME when it's really just 22 on each end playing two separate games. They're going for the headline without going into any real detail about the mechanics.

I kind of like the idea. Mike Florio of PFT came up with the idea a while back. Alternating plays, one each end of the field for 2 point conversions. I would think there would be about a 30 second pause in between each play. Each team would just leave their offense and defense on each a side and wait for the plays to run.

I have no intrest in the XFL. Just seems...childish? For lack of a better term.

OT should be all the players from both teams playing smear the queer. Sorry but that’s what we called it as kids.

I kind of like the idea. Mike Florio of PFT came up with the idea a while back. Alternating plays, one each end of the field for 2 point conversions. I would think there would be about a 30 second pause in between each play. Each team would just leave their offense and defense on each a side and wait for the plays to run.
Can you substitute players or are you stuck with the original eleven? (In Florio's version at least - there doesn't seem to be any more specifics on this as it pertains to the XFL.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom