N/S Packers sign Bortles (1 Viewer)

tenor.gif

Rogers is gone.

I wouldnā€™t want my QB running the show either. Itā€™s not the Packers way. The organization is designed top to bottom to be a team first, community first organization.

Rogers doesnā€™t fit that. Never has.

I think they are covering themselves incase Rogers holds out. If he does and it continues into the season than can place him on the "failure to report" list, recoup his cap hit (at least the salary portion) until he shows up. After week 10 if he hasn't reported then I believe they can consider him retired and file for a return of the remainder of the signing bonus. The CBA treats a signing bonus as advance salary and as such a team can force a player to pay back any unused signing bonus. Both SF and Detroit have done this recently to players that retired mid contract. (SF made Patrick Willis repay his and Detroit had Andre Johnson pay back at least half his his).

How is Bortles still in the NFL? He's never been good.

I think they are covering themselves incase Rogers holds out. If he does and it continues into the season than can place him on the "failure to report" list, recoup his cap hit (at least the salary portion) until he shows up. After week 10 if he hasn't reported then I believe they can consider him retired and file for a return of the remainder of the signing bonus. The CBA treats a signing bonus as advance salary and as such a team can force a player to pay back any unused signing bonus. Both SF and Detroit have done this recently to players that retired mid contract. (SF made Patrick Willis repay his and Detroit had Andre Johnson pay back at least half his his).
You mean Calvin Johnson, "Megatron?", Andre Johnson was one hell of a future HOF-caliber WR but he played the majority of his career down south with the Houston Texans?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom