N/S Panthers inexplicably sign Eric Reid to 3-year, $22 million extension (1 Viewer)

More dirty hits on our players coming up...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panthers-sign-safety-eric-reid-3-deal-184231988--nfl.html

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving franchise. I love this last bit. Sure he is right about the lack of loyalty but to public state it is a slap in the face to the Panthers and their fans. Didn't know he was from Louisiana. I still think he is an outspoken punk.

However, Reid said re-signing with the Panthers was more about the contract than any sense of loyalty to the team that gave him a second chance in the NFL.

"I don't see a whole lot of loyalty in this business," Reid said. "They can cut me at any time. The contract is what made my decision."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panthers-sign-safety-eric-reid-3-deal-184231988--nfl.html

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving franchise. I love this last bit. Sure he is right about the lack of loyalty but to public state it is a slap in the face to the Panthers and their fans. Didn't know he was from Louisiana. I still think he is an outspoken punk.

You don’t remember him at LSU? He was really good (first round pick). Wore #1. Controlled the back half of the secondary in most games IIRC - quality player back then.

Offensive Reference to Saints Player or FO
Last edited by a moderator:

However, Reid said re-signing with the Panthers was more about the contract than any sense of loyalty to the team that gave him a second chance in the NFL.

"I don't see a whole lot of loyalty in this business," Reid said. "They can cut me at any time. The contract is what made my decision."
And Reid is right with every word he spoke. The only reason he is back is because the league feels he can actually contribute on a high level. If he couldn’t he would be ostracized like kap is.

And Reid is right with every word he spoke. The only reason he is back is because the league feels he can actually contribute on a high level. If he couldn’t he would be ostracized like kap is.
He's actually not that good, and he's a dirty cheap shot artist.

The former makes me thrilled the Panthers brought him back; the latter, not so much.

Not sure how much of that $22MM is guaranteed, which makes all the difference in the world.

I have no problem with his stances on various things.

But that's a lot of money for a solid, reasonably productive safety who seems to have plateau'd after his best season as a rookie. We'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom