N/S Panthers player literally drops a knee on the head of a Falcons Linebacker (1 Viewer)

Looks like he tripped over the guys extended foot to me.

Am I the only one that sees the lineman accidentally step on the dudes foot, realizes it and tries to get off only to stumble, lose balance and accidentally knee the guy?

doesn't look dirty at all and completely coincidence

Yeah. After rewatching several times I'm rethinking my position. He may have leaned into the fall with a little extra gusto, but it could just be an awkward fall after trying to avoid Cam and the linebacker. Reasonable doubt has crept in. :scratch:

Lot of mixed emotions on that. I just don't condone this kind of behavior. But you have to protect your QB. It's also the Falcons and Panthers killing each other, so....

I probably dislike Newton as much as anybody, and I know it's tough to make those close calls when you have a QB who runs like this....but it does seem like somehow it's open season on him, and they're letting people do it, the exact opposite of "superstar protection."

Maybe I'll switch over the WWE for the spontaneity of the unrehearsed competition and the integrity and competence of the officiating.

Cam was showboating and deserved that hit. Tom Brady would have traded him to the silly nannies for that.

I would blame his concussion more on Auburn players for not reminding him LSU players are fast.

Jones won back a bunch of love he lost after the what he done Monday nite, but he still needs to do a bunch more.

I can't think of many things more dangerous you could do on a football field. A 300 plus pound man running and then launching into a flying knee drop onto the back of somebody's head? Wow. Lucky he didn't land on the guy's spine and snap it in half.

maybe some people are getting a bit sidetracked with the size - picturing what a "normal" 300lb guy would be like
this is an offensive guard - after strength, footwork is probably the most important skill/trait
this accidentally tripping over a guy in full view idea has got to go

edit: and sorry it now looks even worse - he steps on the guys foot and pulls it back - weight is still on the back foot
now let's use the goal post as "12 o'clock" as a reference
he's heading in a 10:30ish direction (almost toward the back pylon) - if it was a simple stumble, he would keep heading in the same direction (the empty spot between Cam and the falcon) instead he shifts his weight straight 12 oclock and maybe even closer to 1

now, it does get a little tricky to spot b/c the camera starts zooming right as this is happening challenging depth perception a bit, but his momentum should take him toward the bottom of the "F" in the endzone, but he makes what i'm going to guess is a 30 degree change of direction, deliberately onto the falcon

I'm sure lineman are no strangers to stepping on people's feet or other body parts. I just find it hilarious that he would be worried about stepping on the guy's foot and then proceed to put all of his weight on the back of the guy's neck. I know the Panther's player is a huge guy, but he's probably in better physical conditioning than most people on this forum. He could have avoided landing on that guy if he wanted to. As SoggyBottomBoy mentioned, he probably added "a little extra gusto" to the sequence of events. I guess we'll never know for sure.

Y'all are exaggerating. That knee didn't seem to be launched and didn't seem to even hit that player hard. I didn't see his head jerk. With that helmet on, he may not have felt that hit.

Everyone is talking about the hit that Cam took at the goal line which caused him to go through concussion protocol. Pfft. As far as I'm concerned, he was a runner at that point and the hit he took wasn't with the crown of the helmet.

I thought I would shine the spotlight on Panther's player #74 Mike Remmers who appears to deliberately retaliate against the player who leveled Cam by dropping a flying knee on his head. There has been no mention of this play in the news or whether or not a punishment should be handed down.

WXoW2Xc.gif

FWIW, I thought the same thing when I first saw that play.

But, after seeing it from the endzone camera, it did not look as "flagrant".

I sort of believed he didn't want to dive into the block and just used his legs to shield the defender away from Cam.

Am I the only one who is seeing Remmer trying to brace himself knowing he's about to run into player and trying to lift his leg up to go over him but realizes he isn't going to make it and had his legs come out from under him.

tldr: Fat unathletic guy, cannot stop momentum, cannot get his leg up, goes boom.

Am I the only one who is seeing Remmer trying to brace himself knowing he's about to run into player and trying to lift his leg up to go over him but realizes he isn't going to make it and had his legs come out from under him.

tldr: Fat unathletic guy, cannot stop momentum, cannot get his leg up, goes boom.

Exactly the opposite of my point - there are no fat u athletic guys anywhere on that field
Zack strief would beat half of this board in a 40
75% in cones and maybe 90% on the ladder
Yall are imagining your fat buddy from college - remmer is an elite athlete

maybe some people are getting a bit sidetracked with the size - picturing what a "normal" 300lb guy would be like
this is an offensive guard - after strength, footwork is probably the most important skill/trait
this accidentally tripping over a guy in full view idea has got to go

edit: and sorry it now looks even worse - he steps on the guys foot and pulls it back - weight is still on the back foot
now let's use the goal post as "12 o'clock" as a reference
he's heading in a 10:30ish direction (almost toward the back pylon) - if it was a simple stumble, he would keep heading in the same direction (the empty spot between Cam and the falcon) instead he shifts his weight straight 12 oclock and maybe even closer to 1

now, it does get a little tricky to spot b/c the camera starts zooming right as this is happening challenging depth perception a bit, but his momentum should take him toward the bottom of the "F" in the endzone, but he makes what i'm going to guess is a 30 degree change of direction, deliberately onto the falcon

Ya gotta love Physics!

The dude is HUGE, and if he chooses to act like a runner he should be treated as one. As for the dirty shot, what's new with the Panthers? Thomas Davis took 2 dirty shots on Graham, 2 plays in a row and right in front of the officials. Absolutely nothing happened, no penalties, no fines from the league.

BTW, that was obviously a cheap shot and should have penalized and fined.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom