N/S Panthers sign Hollis Thomas (1 Viewer)

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I mean PANTHERS...sorry for the typo

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Panthers signed DT Hollis Thomas.

Thomas, 35, was just cut by the lowly Rams, so we know where he's at. The Panthers are just so decimated on the defensive line that they need warm bodies. About five years ago, Thomas was an excellent run-stopper at 6'0/335.
This hurts my feelings. I like Hollis and think he's a pretty good run stuffer. The Panthers need that in a big way. I hate that he's going to Carolina though.

I agree it's kind of sad. I will say this, though. It feels good to see players who weren't good enough to make our team being picked up by other teams rather than us always picking up other teams scrubs to start for us.

Has Hollis shown anything in the past couple years? This seems like a move out of desperation.

Hollis is nothing more than a big body now. But that's exactly what Carolina was looking for, so this is a good stop-gap signing for them.

Hate to see him with Carolina, but glad to still see him out there.

FWIW, my gf and I named our dog Hollis Thomas.

Hollis is nothing more than a big body now. But that's exactly what Carolina was looking for, so this is a good stop-gap signing for them.

i know when he came back after injury last season he was noticibly slow off the ball and completely ineffective but as this article said Carolina is just looking for warm bodies right now, basically players that are in enough shape to play a full game.. i doubt he makes any impact for the Panthers

i know when he came back after injury last season he was noticibly slow off the ball and completely ineffective but as this article said Carolina is just looking for warm bodies right now, basically players that are in enough shape to play a full game.. i doubt he makes any impact for the Panthers

Yeah, that was too bad. He supposedly had a great camp up to that point--I'm guessing his conditioning was terrible.

But yeah, he pretty much did nothing at all last year.

Thomas was a good run stuffer. He no longer is.

I did some research in the offseason when a lot of people were mad we cut him and were claiming that he was a big part of our run defense last year.

The stuff I came up with, just going off memory, was that in his starts we gave up more yards then any other combination of games he didn't start last season.

Thomas was a good run stuffer. He no longer is.

I did some research in the offseason when a lot of people were mad we cut him and were claiming that he was a big part of our run defense last year.

The stuff I came up with, just going off memory, was that in his starts we gave up more yards then any other combination of games he didn't start last season.

I never saw those posts, but I remember him being pretty bad when he played. He reminded me a bit of Norman Hand his last year--a huge guy who inexplicably couldn't hold his ground any longer.

The odor that's coming out of the Panthers' complex is commonly referred to as the stench of despair.

I watched the a Rams game in week 2 and Hollis was no slouch. Surprised to see the Rams release him because he was playing well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom