N/S - Panthers (1 Viewer)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Posted in the local news up here in North Carolina. Good for a laugh.

These guys are imploding.

Panthers Editorial

WOO HOO! A win! I guess. I was happier with the fact that the game ENDED than with its ultimate result. My 4-month-old blew out his diaper towards the end of the game, just before the Rams scored their only touchdown, and rather than watch the end I was like, "Nope, I'd rather change this poopy diaper and clean poop off of his elbows." (no seriously, that happened).

Speaking of that game, it was kind of like spending an entire day with my 4-month-old. There are moments of great joy and laughter, like when he smiles and giggles, but mostly you're just waiting for him to go to sleep for those small moments of sweet relief, and you never know how long those will last. You're always waiting for the sound of wailing to shake you out of your sleep-deprived stupor. Dreading it. And counting the minutes until bedtime. Which is no relief either, but at least it's a stopping point.

This game had a stopping point. It was a game that teetered on the edge of disaster, but never tumbled all the way off the cliff. That's probably because Case Keenum was busy not throwing the ball to his teammates and both offenses were running into the opposing defensive line over and over and over again. Almost like they were getting clothes-lined by an invisible arm.

But the game did end, mercifully, and the Panthers go to 3-5, hanging on by the tips of their Panther claws to any shred of playoff hope. Do we really want that at this point? I don't know. But they're going to do what they do: make you think there's hope, make you care until they rip the still-beating heart out of your fan chest and show it to you, grinning bloodlessly as you weep softly.

I believe that football teams play according to their qb. If the qb is calm and collected then the team usually plays calm and sound football. so I am not surprised by the implosion.

I believe that football teams play according to their qb. If the qb is calm and collected then the team usually plays calm and sound football. so I am not surprised by the implosion.

Yep. Like with almost any team or organization, attitude generally reflects leadership. And in Carolina, their leadership does nothing but constantly whine and sulk when things don't go their way.

Id even go as far as to say that the Cam Newton effect has even rubbed off on their head coach.

Yep. Like with almost any team or organization, attitude generally reflects leadership. And in Carolina, their leadership does nothing but constantly whine and sulk when things don't go their way.

Id even go as far as to say that the Cam Newton effect has even rubbed off on their head coach.

and that part is real sad.

Yeah exactly..................he said he is sending video to the league office because Cam got clobbered a couple of times Sunday!!

The funny part is that he fully expects Goodell to do something about it.........:rolleyes:

Might as well put a dress on Fig Newton and send him out there.

For 6 years this guy used his size and speed and strength to run over defenses but sooner or later you start to feel that stuff on Mondays after games and he can't deal with it now that it's caught up to him!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom