N/S Pat Summerall has died (1 Viewer)

Yet Brian Billick still walks the earth.....

RIP Pat.....

RIP Pat

The voice of football when I was young, you knew it was an important game if Madden and him had the call.

one of the best.

I know I am not speaking for myself when I say, Pat and John were the first announcers I knew. Pat's voice was Sunday afternoon football. Don't know how else to explain it - Pat's voice verberated the living room and just became a Sunday staple - even if it was him narrating Montana or Young throwing 4 TDs on the Saints.

Sad indeed. Many happy memories of sunny Sunday afternoons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RIP Pat Summerall. One of the best NFL broadcasters ever. Certainly better than most of today's announcers. In their prime in the 80s and 90s, the team of Summerall and Madden could not be beat. You just knew it was a big game if you heard their voices. And Pat did it without screaming or flamboyance. There was such a calm yet controlling aspect of his voice when calling games. Even though we came out on the short end of most, I can remember Summerall calling many epic Saints /49er games in the late 80s/early 90s. Rest in peace Pat. You earned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was rewatching some of my old games recently and happened on one of our national games done by Summerall/Madden, there will never be a better broadcasting duo.

I also remember Summerall from US Open tennis, and many years of Masters Golf tournament coverage. RIP.

Not too many tv personalities that I really care for, but this one I give my condolences.

He and Madden called a great game, they did.

That sucks , he lived a great life enjoyed him calling the games ....RIP

R.I.P. Pat, one of the greatest announcers of all-time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom