N/S Patrick Mahomes Gets A 10 Year Contract Extension (12 years total!) Worth Half Of A BILLION Dollars (503 Million) (1 Viewer)

I guess that's one way to spread out the cap hit.

There's not even a benefit for that most likely. Unless the updated CBA replaced the language, teams can only spread out a bonus over a max of 5 years.

The real questions from Mahomes' side of the deal will be is there a percentage of the salary cap tied to the deal (with a minimum number), and what are the opt-out options (if any).

Is a 10-year deal a smart deal? If the market changes, are you locked in?

good move by the Chiefs, ill bet they win 2-3 more superbowls with mahomes. Lets say they win 3-4 over a 11 year span... worth every penny
And what happens after 5 months, if he has a serious injury (God forbid), like Alex Smith???

And what happens after 5 months, if he has a serious injury (God forbid), like Alex Smith???

to me its worth the risk. Remember, I was basing my statement on the assumption that they will win more supebowls with him. Of course they may never win another but I doubt that.

It's gotta be over 400 million with more than 300 guaranteed, otherwise there's no incentive for him to agree to something that long.

Details, please. It's hard to believe that an NFL team word spread guarantees over 5 years., both sides need an out.

to me its worth the risk. Remember, I was basing my statement on the assumption that they will win more supebowls with him. Of course they may never win another but I doubt that.
I have family in KC, so I would be happy for them, if PM does well.

However, PM had 2 injuries, just last year. The kid plays like a maniac, out of his mind. It is fun to watch......put can that kind of energy by sustained for 10 years????!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom