N/S Patrick Mahomes Gets A 10 Year Contract Extension (12 years total!) Worth Half Of A BILLION Dollars (503 Million) (1 Viewer)

HOw much more money can the NFL make... I think NFL is about to reach the ceiling on their yearly revenue without inflation variables.

“Inflation variables” is the key phrase there. I can’t imagine it slowing down. Ticket prices will continue to rise, contracts will continue to rise, wages for the average American will continue to ri.......stay the same 😑

Just like it’s always been

good move by the Chiefs, ill bet they win 2-3 more superbowls with mahomes. Lets say they win 3-4 over a 11 year span... worth every penny

Agree. But there's the other side of this. Now that Mahomes is no longer on his rookie contract and getting paid massively, the Chiefs will have a lot less to spend on surrounding players. Then again, Mahomes is insanely good and getting him locked-up for a decade is a lot of franchise security

What's the signing bonus and the real guarantees? Those injury guarantees are turning into smoke now...

Is this going to be like a 4 year contract with 8 years of "let's see?".

this one will be very interesting to see the details.

Neither KC or PM got screwed. It's a win win for both parties and especially the fans of KC. Dude will make around 500 million dollars if he lasts the contract and yall talking about bad signing lol. Half a billion dude, Pats gonna be fine.

Also he is going to be the face of the NFL during that span so you can throw in another 300-450 million in advertisement/endorsement money. Yeah, poor Patrick Mahomes :ROFLMAO:

" The contract does not contain language that ties its value to a percentage of the salary cap. "

That part is shocking. Why would he sign such a long deal without that language? I hope he got a serious signing bonus or guaranteed funds (other than just for injury).

“Inflation variables” is the key phrase there. I can’t imagine it slowing down. Ticket prices will continue to rise, contracts will continue to rise, wages for the average American will continue to ri.......stay the same 😑

Just like it’s always been
Yeah...this is the only thing I can see slowing it down. NFL been cutting more and more into people's pocket and that pocket hasn't been getting bigger for a lot of fans.

Want a comparison of all the QB salaries according to Spotrac? Here you go.

Attachments

• QB Salaries.png
    QB Salaries.png
    691.4 KB · Views: 7
Imma hit my 40th birthday and a midlife crisis the month that contract expires.

Man, imagine getting cut a check for whatever that signing bonus will be.

What is messed up is other above average QBs will probably try to approach that average number. The 10 years makes the 45 mil per okay. Any recent 3-4 year deal trying to approach 45 mil would be horrible.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom