N/S Patrick Mahomes Gets A 10 Year Contract Extension (12 years total!) Worth Half Of A BILLION Dollars (503 Million) (1 Viewer)

I wonder how much of this contract is fluff?

Absolutely horrible contract. Same guaranteed money as tanahill and will make less than tanahill over the next 4 years.
Qb contracts have doubled over last 10 years. Highest paid in 2010 was brady with 18 mill per year. If he plays out this contract other qbs may be pushing 70 mill per year by that time.

This contract looks like Mahomes commiting to the Chiefs more than the Chiefs commiting to Mahomes. Signing this contract Mahomes is basically saying he's off the market for the next 12 years unless the Chiefs don't want him anymore.

This contract looks like Mahomes commiting to the Chiefs more than the Chiefs commiting to Mahomes. Signing this contract Mahomes is basically saying he's off the market for the next 12 years unless the Chiefs don't want him anymore.
This contract means they won’t have any other negotiations for the rest of his career. I really doubt he’ll play after the contract ends.
I don’t blame KC for this. Mahomes is like Brees or Brady. Once in a generation. They’re gonna sell his jerseys for decades after he retires. That sort of thing.

This contract means they won’t have any other negotiations for the rest of his career. I really doubt he’ll play after the contract ends.
I don’t blame KC for this. Mahomes is like Brees or Brady. Once in a generation. They’re gonna sell his jerseys for decades after he retires. That sort of thing.
They'll renegotiate elements regularly, to create cap space at various points. The 2027 number jumps up dramatically to nearly $60m, so that's a clear catalyst for a refresh of the terms.

And as others have pointed out, the end of guaranteed years during the contract is another opportunity point for the parties to sit down and rehash things.

History tells us that no team has ever won a Super Bowl with a QB that accounts for more than a little over 13% of the teams’ salary cap.

I have family in KC, so I would be happy for them, if PM does well.

However, PM had 2 injuries, just last year. The kid plays like a maniac, out of his mind. It is fun to watch......put can that kind of energy by sustained for 10 years????!!!!
Check that, 12 years. Also, don't think his arm is going to last forever, especially if they keep chucking it like Reid loves to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom