N/S Patrick Willis is Defensive rookie of the year (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d805b9fdf&template=with-video&confirm=true
If he hadn't won it would have been laughable.
174 tackles (leading the league by an amazing 32), 4 sacks, 5 passes defensed and 2 forced fumbles.
Beast is the only word to describe him.:worthy:

I wonder what 2 smart ***es voted for Jon Beason?

Willis will be a dominant LB in the league for the next 10 years, and will probably lead the league again in tackles next year and be plain defensive player of the year. When he becomes a free agent in 5 or 6 years, he will command a mind blowing contract, because by then his hall of fame talk will begin. He is that good.

He was taken at the 11th spot last year, so this is a sign of things to come if James 'Little Animal' Laurinaitis falls to us at #10 this year.

What I wouldn't give to have that guy in black and gold come the offseason, but it is impossible unless we gave up probably Meachem and our 2008 and 2009 firsts.

In hindsight, we should have given up our whole draft for Patrick Willis.

So, in other words, we would have given up nothing. :hihi:

:(

Pretty much.

We would have gotten one of the best MLB's in the league as of now instead of an injured receiver, a special teams CB, a backup guard, a running back WE TRADED UP FOR AND STILL GOT CUT, a backup tackle, a corner who got cut (Jones actually looked promising at times too), and a third string MLB.

I knew Willis was gonna be the DROY before the draft. Him and Peterson should split ROY because they deserve it equally.
This is how I knew:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9IqadSMQm5o
At 13 seconds and even better at 28 seconds running down Darren McFadden.
I can't find any highlight reels of James Laurinaitis. The championship game coming up will be the first real time I'll see him in action.

I think we know who we should draft in April? Little Animal, baby. bring that Road Warrior home. We need a guy like James Linguistis on this team, he is Patrick Willis part two IMHO.

He would be a tremendous upgrade of our LB Core and he would be just a rookie

forget defensive ROOKIE of the year..

he was the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR in my book

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom