N/S: Patriots reveal starting trade price for Garoppolo (1 Viewer)

Guys... Honestly, a franchise QB is just about priceless. I'll simply defer to Sean Payton on the decision to acquire a QB, because he's excellent at QB development.

If Payton thinks that it is worth giving up a 1st and a 4th for Garoppolo then I am all aboard!

Do you folks really want to dwell in football obscurity for nearly 20 years like the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and L.A. Rams? I don't and giving up a 1st and a 4th seems like a reasonable price to pay to avoid football oblivion.

Thats just my 2 cents... :idunno:

Remember Matt Cassel? Thats all you need to know.

This. Every Patriot back up is heralded as the "next Tom Brady" only to spectacularly fizzle out. Why? I believe that it's the Patriots system that makes them look so great. I'd stay away from this and it's just too much....

Saints probably won't even consider, at least I hope not. This team has too many holes to be giving up that kind of compensation for a questionable QB. We have holes on both Lines, CB, LB, etc

I would send out a future 1st just not this years. I would love to have Garappolo learning behind Brees to give us a Favre/Rodgers type transition. Honestly I'm surprised that's all they are asking. No way would I give up this years 1st but I would seriously consider a future 1st round pick for him.

The QB I want for the Saints is Josh Allen from Wyoming. It wouldn't be until next year at the earliest when he likely enters the draft. He was a redshirt Sophomore this season and will possibly leave next year after his Junior season. He is 6'5 225 with an absolute cannon for an arm making every pass while also being able to move with the best of them. He is tough as nails always fighting for the extra yards and not afraid to stand in the pocket. He has played with a terrible OLine and limited weapons. Still plays dominant with less talent and is a winner. Runs a pro style offense getting time under center which is nice to see these days. Has everything you want in a QB but just needs some time to develop. I saw a few games of his live and then went and found every bit of tape and write up I could on him. Kid is an absolute stud

If I'm Payton I would wait for this kid to come out and do whatever it takes to move up and draft him. Next season would be the perfect year IMO to go all in on a QB to sit and learn from Brees. IMO one of the more important things for our future QB is to have him sit behind Brees for atleast a year. That experience to me is something you just can't teach. If anybody doesn't know who this kid is go look into him. I think you will come away with him as your favorite QB to succeed Brees. I don't think there is a better situation in football for him to be in then the Saints. Learn behind a HOF QB who has gotten it done at 6' without a cannon or speed. What should be a great OLine in a year. One of the great offensive minds in Payton. Plus loaded with weapons at the receiver position. IMO kid is the next star QB and the Saints need to snag him. I know if Payton likes him they won't hesitate to move up and grab him. One of the best slingers I have ever seen. The next Brett Favre just faster and bigger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZpORP8aqjA
Josh Allen highlights

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=78FQGVjB73I
Josh Allen vs San Diego
Watch this one until the end. Kid is a winner and as clutch as any QB you will see. Makes 2 great throws at the end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r8aifbyekMU
Josh Allen vs Boise St.

https://www.google.com/amp/trib.com...532d-8d43-c8ca8e13453c.amp.html?client=safari
Great article on him.

Lmao. Yea right. It's just typical haggling. Start way too high and wait till someone offers a compromise. Better to ask for too much and settle than to start off small and get smaller

Matt Cassel says hello. He won 11 games for NE, got traded, and absolutely bombed. NE QBs are system QBs. Plug in any, heck even that 3rd stringer won them a game.

Saints should've kept Ryan Griffin. I felt he was getting better in the offense.

I'll simply defer to Sean Payton on the decision to acquire a QB, because he's excellent at QB development.

Just curious about which QB Sean has developed in the last 10-12 years. Drew? Would Drew have been another JT O'Sullivan had it not been for Sean? I tend to think Drew was destined to be a very good QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious about which QB Sean has developed in the last 10-12 years. Drew? Would Drew have been another JT O'Sullivan had it not been for Sean? I tend to think Drew was destined to be a very good QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I want to know too. Sean Payton had never really develop any quarterback from the start, at least as a head coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom