N/S: Patriots reveal starting trade price for Garoppolo (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Would y'all even think about trying to negotiate it down if you are a team in need of a QB to play now or just pay the asking price of a 1st and 4th round pick?

On “Kirk and Callahan” on WEEI in Boston, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the starting point in negotiations would be a first- and fourth-round pick. That’s what the Minnesota Vikings gave up for Sam Bradford a few months ago.

That price is fair, considering Bradford had proven to be mediocre – a trend that has unsurprisingly continued this year – and Garoppolo still has the mystery element to him. But would you give a first and fourth for Garoppolo?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/now-that-we-know-what-patriots-want-for-jimmy-garoppolo-would-you-trade-for-him-162636351.html

Cleveland might consider giving up the Eagles 1st rounder for him. They'd still have the #1 or #2 overall pick too.

Minnesota was desperate. Bridgewater's injury happened just before the season opener. I just don't see any team heading into the off season so bad in need of a QB that they would give up a 1st AND a 4th to get Rop when they could just draft a QB with that 1st rounder. I'd be very surprised if the GM who makes that deal keeps his job.

He looked so durable getting injured in his first game behind a line/system that has only allowed a few injuries to its starting QB in the past 15 years or so. Plus, previous Patriots QBs have been an awesome success on other teams. Just look at Matt Cassel and Ryan Mallett. I might offer Josh Hill for him.

Too pricey. Not one quarterback that left that team and did well afterward. I would pass on this one too. He did had some good games, but I don't think he is a franchise quarterback.

Its a good starting point but I think Bradford had more games played at that point in his career thus more experience. Jimmy has the potential to be this years Brock Osweler due to the unknown factor and playing on a team that has a good D and takes a lot of pressure off him.

For that reason I'd talk them down.

Too pricey. Not one quarterback that left that team and did well afterward. I would pass on this one too. He did had some good games, but I don't think he is a franchise quarterback.

That depends... I think he's a much better prospect than anything coming out of college this season, and he has actual NFL playing time. I put him above Osweiler, Seimian, Goff, Petty, Barkley, and Lynch of the young QBs in the league. For now I'd say he's even with Wentz with Derek Carr-like potential.

I don't include Prescott because in my opinion, he's good, but with that line and that running game, he's sorta got it made.

One question mark for me is, why would New England let him go with Brady's age. Billechick has one of the best eyes for talent, and he KNOWS more than anybody where Garapollo stacks up.

Maybe from New England's perspective, Brady's good for another couple years and they really like Brisby (who reminds me a lot of Prescott).

Most of the teams that would consider this move have pretty good draft position and NE is likely a deep playoff team with a very late 1st round pick to spend. So it works for them.

Cleveland, SF, NYJ, and Chicago are the most likely to be looking for a QB... probably Arizona too. I could see any one of these teams biting or at least considering the deal. Not New Orleans though. I think we're getting to close to having our defense built to let a high draft pick go.

I think a team could talk the Pats down to just a 1st rounder or maybe a 1st rounder then a 4th rounder or later in the following year's draft. Heck or maybe a 1st rounder in the following year's draft and not this year's draft and only a 4th rounder this year. If they really like someone in the first round this year.

I can't see them getting a 1st rounder. I could see a 2nd and a 4th.

I don't think Adam actually knows. He just knows they'd likely point towards the trade that happened this year as an example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom