N/S Pats acquire Van Noy from Lions (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I know that many of us here wanted to draft Van Noy when he was in the draft, but that didn't happen. He has been in the league for a few years now, but hasn't amounted to what many of us thought he would. Maybe this is the team to turn him around.

New England Patriots acquire Kyle Van Noy from Detroit Lions
The New England Patriots added linebacker depth before the trade deadline Tuesday by acquiring Kyle Van Noy from the Detroit Lions, sources tell ESPN.

In exchange, New England will give Detroit its sixth-round pick of the 2017 draft for the Lions' seventh-round slot, a source said.

New England, which had an open roster spot, has experienced multiple injuries at the linebacker position. Jamie Collins (hip) and Dont'a Hightower (knee) have both missed three combined games this season.

Here's a rule of thumb--

If the Patriots want to trade for one of your players, that player is way better than you realize and the simple fact that the Pats are interested in them is reason enough to hang on to them for a little while longer.

Um I think we actually won on the akiem hicks and houman swap

Um I think we actually won on the akiem hicks and houman swap

Just playing Devil's advocate, how do you figure? Neither will be contributing to either the Saints or Pats this year. Sure Hicks is no longer with the Pats, but he signed with the Bears, meaning that the Pats will get a compensatory pick for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom