N/S - Paul Tagliabue a 2017 HoF finalist (1 Viewer)

Not to high jack the thread but I wonder why Don "Air" Coryell name doesn't get more attention in the Hall of Fame? He was a man ahead of his time in terms of innovation, formations & the passing attack. Heavy use of motion & a pass heavy offense is what he built. 30+ years later, we see 2nd & 3rd generation coaches running his system.

I bet if Coach Payton had a HOF vote, Coryell's name would probably be high on his list.

Not to high jack the thread but I wonder why Don "Air" Coryell name doesn't get more attention in the Hall of Fame? He was a man ahead of his time in terms of innovation, formations & the passing attack. Heavy use of motion & a pass heavy offense is what he built. 30+ years later, we see 2nd & 3rd generation coaches running his system.

I bet if Coach Payton had a HOF vote, Coryell's name would probably be high on his list.

Sadly, the lack of a championship keeps him out. It shouldn't. He should've been elected in the 90s.

Tagliable deserves it, IMO. JJ...ugh. I don't think any active owner should be in the HOF.

JJ being on this list made me laugh out loud....and thats just because of my latest revelation. I've been upset that every time I cut on the tv to get some football news all I can find is the cowgirls and a select few other teams. Out of my frustration I've said, JJ must own the NFL...lol. Then I watched some of the Cowgirls first preseason game and they interviewed JJ about the Rams being moved to LA.....and it became very clear that JJ has his hands very much in the running of the NFL. Yes, I know by position he's on the NFL planning committee, but to hear him talk it sounds like he's got a lot of stroke with Goodell.....now he's put JJ on the Hall of Fame ballet.....heck they might even get married or something?? :covri:

The HOF decided that a coach can't be inducted as a coach until retired for at least 5 yeas then the same should be applied to any GM or owner.

JJ is being inducted as a Contributor which is not the same pool that Players and Coaches come from. There is a completely different process for the later.

This changed in 2014 with Wolf and Polian. This year as a result we will only get one SR candidate which I think is a good one ....finalist Kenny Easly

You are right, and like Sean, many coaches would have voted him in. But thew HOF voting committee is made up of writers, and not coaches. So you have guys like Peter King, Jeff Duncan, and Sal Palantonio voting, so you aren't really dealing with men of logic, but more pompous blowhards who love to bloviate. Here is a list of voters.
http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/becoming-a-hall-of-famer/

JJ being on this list made me laugh out loud....and thats just because of my latest revelation. I've been upset that every time I cut on the tv to get some football news all I can find is the cowgirls and a select few other teams. Out of my frustration I've said, JJ must own the NFL...lol. Then I watched some of the Cowgirls first preseason game and they interviewed JJ about the Rams being moved to LA.....and it became very clear that JJ has his hands very much in the running of the NFL. Yes, I know by position he's on the NFL planning committee, but to hear him talk it sounds like he's got a lot of stroke with Goodell.....now he's put JJ on the Hall of Fame ballet.....heck they might even get married or something?? :covri:

It's not like that at all though. The Cowboys are talked about so much because they are the most valuable team in the NFL, and one of the most valuable teams in worldwide sports. Its common sense that they would be the most talked about team as they are the biggest Gorilla in the room.

If you have a job, people will talk about you, sure. But the highest earner is always talked about (for good or bad). People want to get their opinions on everything work related as they are the needle pusher. If you don't believe me, look around your work site.

It sucks because we all dislike the Cowboys, but the only way to shut that up is for us to over take them, or win a Super Bowl. The later is more likely.

Tagliable deserves it, IMO. JJ...ugh. I don't think any active owner should be in the HOF.

My one exception is the Rooney family in Pittsburgh. Class act all the way, always trying to expand the umbrella of the game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom