N/S Pelicans get # 1 Pick (2 Viewers)

NY media will do anything to stir this pot. Zion is the most dynamic player in the last 15 years and the increased ticket sales prove it.

Just watching March madness, it was clear how much this kid meant to Duke not to mention the fan experience. He lights the place up.

Very excited about this. I’m a like warm NBA fan but was once a real die hard. This is great for the team and the city. The tears from the big market fan boys like Cowherd are just icing on the cake.

If Zion comes in and really embrace the city like Brees did, that what it will take to turn the organization around. Seeing how things played out with CP3 and AD makes me wonder if they ever really did embrace the city to the same level as Brees which is required for a small market team to turn it around and be a consistant contender.

If Zion comes in and really embrace the city like Brees did, that what it will take to turn the organization around. Seeing how things played out with CP3 and AD makes me wonder if they ever really did embrace the city to the same level as Brees which is required for a small market team to turn it around and be a consistant contender.

Meh.. i think if he just plays like a transcendent talent, as advertised , and the team puts solid pieces around him- that will turn the organization around and become a consistent contender.

If he embraces the City like Brees did, that’ll be a bonus, a nice bit of lagniappe.

Last edited:
Zion Williamson Hasn't Considered Return to Duke, Says Stepfather Lee Anderson

Rest easy, New Orleans Pelicans fans, Zion Williamson is coming after all.

Williamson's stepfather, Lee Anderson, appeared on the Off the Bench radio show in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on Thursday and said the Duke playmaker is "excited about the prospect of getting down there and getting settled," (h/t Jeff Duncan of the Times-Picayune). He also stressed returning to Duke "is not something that we have even considered."

Meh.. i think if he just plays like a transcendent talent, as advertised , and the team puts solid pieces around him- that will turn the organization around and become a consistent contender.

If he embraces the team like Brees did, that’ll be a bonus, a nice bit of lagniappe.

True. I'm just hoping the 3rd times a charm and we can keep a generational player for his career which is nearly unheardof in this NBA, but it is not impossible. Zion/AD/Jrue is almost a Big 3 with Randle, Okafor and others as complimentary pieces. Trading AD to LA, NY or Boston for what he should cost those teams would put a core around Zion that can grow together and compete early while hitting their prime when some of these other power houses start their decline.

True. I'm just hoping the 3rd times a charm and we can keep a generational player for his career which is nearly unheardof in this NBA, but it is not impossible. Zion/AD/Jrue is almost a Big 3 with Randle, Okafor and others as complimentary pieces. Trading AD to LA, NY or Boston for what he should cost those teams would put a core around Zion that can grow together and compete early while hitting their prime when some of these other power houses start their decline.
By 3 generational talents in NOLA pro basketball, you must mean AD, Z and Pete Maravich. There hasn’t been anyone close to that label outside of those 3.

By 3 generational talents in NOLA pro basketball, you must mean AD, Z and Pete Maravich. There hasn’t been anyone close to that label outside of those 3.

Yeah, my bad. I went with the more recent NBA history with the Hornets and Pelicans.

I don't think he's mad, but it didn't seem from that vid that he was really that happy. But in all likelihood he's gonna remain draft eligible and we're drafting him. I'm not buying the opting back to Duke nonsense. I still don't think seeking a trade is out of the question for him though.
It didn't seem like he was happy? Was it his smile? Where in there did it look like he was hit by a truck and left the area immediately (as the national media has portrayed). Shams has reported that Zion had targeted New Orleans as one of the teams that he would be interested in starting his career with prior to the lottery. My impression is that he (and his friend RJ) were nervous that it would be Memphis and was almost relieved when the Pelicans won.

Speaking of Pistol Pete...Dr J gives him the highest of honors:

https://deadspin.com/this-doctor-can-operate-dr-j-pistol-pete-and-the-1469135960

Dr J on Pistol Pete Maravich:

"Pete Maravich is the most skilled basketball player I've ever seen."

He was a member of the Hawks when they were playing the Knicks one night. He was guarded by future Hof'er Walt Frazier, Frazier
was one of the best defensive guards in NBA history. Pete was having his way with him that night. Fraziers teammate and another
future Hof;er Earl "the pearl" Monroe asks Frazier if something is wrong. Frazier looked at him and said "You wanna try guarding
this guy"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom