N/S Pelicans get # 1 Pick (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Just watched PTI to see what they had to say. According to Wilbon to talked to multiple people last night doing some real reporting and he said "Don't be surprised to see A.D. in NOLA next season"

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
you think theres any chance he goes back to school?
There’s a chance, but he’d be foolish to do it. $50 million contract from NO, $100 million expected from shoe deal, possible $25 million from other sponsorship deals. He’d be turning all that down to go play for Duke for free. Meanwhile risking a career ending injury.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lord help me................Skip is on point

Only watched a few seconds of that, but as far as the quote below the video- not to nitpick, but isn’t Zion the biggest sensation to hit the NBA since LeBron, not Michael? The whole Zion spectacle has reminded me of LeBron, even though LeBron didnt go to college .

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ehhh I dunno, not getting the same vibes. They seem like they're makin fun of it. Plus, it's not like he was gonna throw a fit in public or anything.
At that point, New York and L.A. were out of it.
It was down to NOLA and Memphis.
His reaction is nowhere near mad, as the media is portraying.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
At that point, New York and L.A. were out of it.
It was down to NOLA and Memphis.
His reaction is nowhere near mad, as the media is portraying.
I don't think he's mad, but it didn't seem from that vid that he was really that happy. But in all likelihood he's gonna remain draft eligible and we're drafting him. I'm not buying the opting back to Duke nonsense. I still don't think seeking a trade is out of the question for him though.

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He’ll come down here and fall in love.

I just hope we can keep his weight under control

Stealth Matrix

King of Wingdings
Reaction score
AD would be pants-on-head stupid to not at least try to make it work...... It'll suddenly be much easier to attract a 3rd or even 4th to come in FA and make the newest superteam

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NY media will do anything to stir this pot. Zion is the most dynamic player in the last 15 years and the increased ticket sales prove it.

Just watching March madness, it was clear how much this kid meant to Duke not to mention the fan experience. He lights the place up.

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Very excited about this. I’m a like warm NBA fan but was once a real die hard. This is great for the team and the city. The tears from the big market fan boys like Cowherd are just icing on the cake.

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If Zion comes in and really embrace the city like Brees did, that what it will take to turn the organization around. Seeing how things played out with CP3 and AD makes me wonder if they ever really did embrace the city to the same level as Brees which is required for a small market team to turn it around and be a consistant contender.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JJ Redick keeping playoff goal in perspective as Pelicans prepare for Orlando Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Darius Miller media availability - July 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard JJ Redick media availability - July 3, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-3-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Josh Hart media availability - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Zion Williamson media availability - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Jim Eichenhofer on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - July 2, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-2-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - July 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday media availability - July 1, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (7-1-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans David Griffin media availability - June 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - June 30, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-30-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Schedule release round table on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - June 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-29-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
On paper, Pelicans may have ‘easier’ slate, but there's little margin for error Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans announce restart schedule for 2019-20 season Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans-Jazz to open NBA resumption of season in Orlando Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-26-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-25-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans 2020 seeding games profile: Jaxson Hayes Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-24-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
For Pelicans, latter half of August will depend on Orlando performance Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-23-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (6-22-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans 2020 seeding games profile: Derrick Favors Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saintaholic Patriots fined $1.1 million, lose 2021 third round draft pick after yet another spying incident Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 39