N/S Pelicans get # 1 Pick (1 Viewer)

When is the NBA draft? Can the Pelicans just go ahead and select Zion now to get a head start? I don't watch much NBA, but this is exciting.

I had given up on the NBA back in the late 90's because I no longer liked the product, and basically stuck with enjoying college basketball... Then New Orleans got a team and I began to follow the Pelicans casually. I really want to return to being an NBA fan, but the musical chairs that is the NBA turns me off, and AD wasn't making it any easier with his "trade me" crap. That being said, the current scenerio sure makes it a lot more interesting. I am excited for New Orleans!

No idea what the Pelicans grand strategy is but they have a gold mine of options. What they seem to lack is a good strategy backed up by a PR campaign to combat all of the negativity. I could see Zion Williams pulling a "not playing in NO" card if the Pels aren't careful. He was just saying this week he really doesn't want to leave Duke U. I personally doubt he passes on the $$$ but with these coddled superstars and the people they have in their ear you just never know.

I was a Jazz fan as a kid. I patterned my jumper after Pistol Pete. When the Jazz moved to Utah, I was still loyal to the logo/team, and when they drafted Karl Malone (who I played against in high school), I became entrenched as more of a fan.
Having said that, I do hope the Pelicans trade AD. He is extremely injury prone and the Pels can get a nice return with a trade. They need more than AD, Zion and Holiday. The future looks good for the Pels, and I'm very happy for the team and city.

That totally changes the Pels franchise. Should AD make amends and stay he'd be on a team with Zion. If he still forces a trade, then the return will be foundational pieces to put with Zion. Either way, it's Zion time in NO.

I'm probably being petty about this, but I hope AD gets shipped off to never never land aka the Knicks. (or worse - I don't care to have someone like him on "my team". I don't care how talented he is.)

(there was talk the Knicks may trade their #3 pick for AD and thus Zion and Barrett would be on the Pelicans.)

As long as we don't trade AD to the Lakers, I'm good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom